"feathered" canoe pattern ?

Old November 22nd 10, 01:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Default "feathered" canoe pattern ?

http://blog.sewhooked.org/2010/08/17...ntessas-canoe/

Anybody know anything about this block?

I did download her pattern. It was missing some points and I was looking
for an excuse to play in EQ7, so I redrew it. I'm going to make it, but now
I'm curious about the block.

Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks USA

Old November 22nd 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

No idea, but it's a very cool block! I want pictures when you finish!
Roberta in D

Old November 22nd 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

I'm hoping to make a quiltie with 9 12-inch blocks. By the time I put the
borders on in EQ, it ended up 46" square. I have enough of a chunk of dark
blue fabric in my stash for the background. Where she has pink and green,
I'll have a lighter shade of blue and orange. I don't think I'll use the
same light blue and orange throughout. Maybe I'll have a picture of one
block before the week is over.

Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks USA

Old November 22nd 10, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Yes!! With that name I looked it up in EQ and found it in BlockBase. It's
not quite the same. The center is a little different. Contessa's Canoe has
quadrilaterals on the "feathers," but the Pine burr has triangles.

On some websites the Pine Burr looks more like a pineapple -- the Pine Cone
quilt for the State of Alabama.

Thank you!
Kay

"Taria" wrote in message
isn't that almost a Pine burr?
Taria

Old November 22nd 10, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

between the lot of us we are one smart bunch!
That pattern is on my 'some day' list. Am I the only one that is tired of
folks rehashing classic patterns and putting their own label on them? You
open any magazine and it is done.
Taria

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
Yes!! With that name I looked it up in EQ and found it in BlockBase.
It's not quite the same. The center is a little different. Contessa's
Canoe has quadrilaterals on the "feathers," but the Pine burr has
triangles.

On some websites the Pine Burr looks more like a pineapple -- the Pine
Cone quilt for the State of Alabama.

Thank you!
Kay

"Taria" wrote in message
isn't that almost a Pine burr?
Taria

Old November 26th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

hmmm... yessssss...
http://tinyurl.com/2bwpec3

F&P Jan/Feb 2006
http://www.fonsandporter.com/userdoc.../orig_jf06.jpg

What goes around, comes around again, esp. in quilt blocks. ;-P

Cheers!
R/Sandy

On 11/22/10 12:21 PM, in article , "Kay
Ahr" wrote:

Yes!! With that name I looked it up in EQ and found it in BlockBase. It's
not quite the same. The center is a little different. Contessa's Canoe has
quadrilaterals on the "feathers," but the Pine burr has triangles.

On some websites the Pine Burr looks more like a pineapple -- the Pine Cone
quilt for the State of Alabama.

Thank you!
Kay

"Taria" wrote in message
isn't that almost a Pine burr?
Taria

Old November 27th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Indeed!! Thanks for the Fons & Porter link. They even have a video on how
to assemble it!

Just what I need, another excuse to sit in front of my computer -- I'm
feeling lazy today, so watching that video would probably be better use of
my time than going back to bed. Under the covers. Electric blanket on.
Watching it spit snow again. What to do, what to do.....

--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

Ahr" wrote:

Yes!! With that name I looked it up in EQ and found it in BlockBase.
It's
not quite the same. The center is a little different. Contessa's Canoe
has
quadrilaterals on the "feathers," but the Pine burr has triangles.

On some websites the Pine Burr looks more like a pineapple -- the Pine
Cone
quilt for the State of Alabama.

Thank you!
Kay

"Taria" wrote in message
isn't that almost a Pine burr?
Taria

Old November 27th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Ahr" wrote:

Yes!! With that name I looked it up in EQ and found it in BlockBase.
It's
not quite the same. The center is a little different. Contessa's Canoe
has
quadrilaterals on the "feathers," but the Pine burr has triangles.

On some websites the Pine Burr looks more like a pineapple -- the Pine
Cone
quilt for the State of Alabama.

Thank you!
Kay

"Taria" wrote in message
isn't that almost a Pine burr?
Taria

Old November 27th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Ahr" wrote:

Yes!! With that name I looked it up in EQ and found it in BlockBase.
It's
not quite the same. The center is a little different. Contessa's Canoe
has
quadrilaterals on the "feathers," but the Pine burr has triangles.

On some websites the Pine Burr looks more like a pineapple -- the Pine
Cone
quilt for the State of Alabama.

Thank you!
Kay