Quilting software

Old September 16th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kylou

Default Quilting software

I'm preparing for retirement (hopefully a year from now). I was thinking of
investing in a quilting software program. Can anyone recommend one in
particular?

Thanks

kylou

Old September 16th 10, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Electric Quilt is a very popular one. I've been using it (mostly to play
on) for about 4-5 years. The basics are easy to use -- but there is far
more it can do than I have ventured to explore.

It is moderately to high- priced (between $175 - $200) but really does a
lot. The technical support from the company is outstanding. You can also
find classes on using the software in a variety of locations (I've seen them
locally as well at several locations on the Internet.)

Ask around your quilting friends -- odds are someone has a version you could
take a look at.

Here is the company website:

http://www.electricquilt.com/

There are also several add-on packages like Dear Jane, Appliqué, Block Base,
free fabric swatches) and more...

--
Kate in MI

m...

Old September 16th 10, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Here we go again! (This comes up fairly often - we should have a
FAQ).

There are 2 major contenders:
Electric Quilt (EQ7) and Quilt Pro (QP6).
If they are more than you need/want, both also have scaled down
versions - see their respective websites.
http://www.electricquilt.com/
http://www.quiltpro.com/

Both have strengths & weaknesses.
The concensus seems to be that EQ has more online support,
however, QP is about to release a new version, and it appears
that they are making an effort to catch up in that area.

If you search the group archives, you should find information &
discussions about both, including comparisons, differences, etc.

Doc

Old November 29th 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

That's kind of funny -- I'm contemplating retirement and just bought
PE-Design 8 for machine embroidery digitizing!

So what did you finally decide on? I do love EQ.

--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

m...

Quilting software Alison Quilting 12 December 6th 06 07:14 AM
quilting software Irrational Number Quilting 2 May 24th 05 07:09 AM
quilting software Catherine Quilting 12 April 20th 05 05:54 AM
quilting software Laurie G. Quilting 6 October 27th 03 01:06 AM
Quilting Software Andrea Quilting 2 October 25th 03 11:05 PM