Those darn shipping charges!

Old November 25th 10, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Those darn shipping charges!

I ordered five spools of *gray* thread on sale for a total of $9.95. An
additional $5.95 was added for shipping and handling. Well, the spools
arrived and they were *pink*! (The invoice included with the shipment
plainly stated "gray".)

I paid $5.35 to ship the pink thread back to them. Yesterday I received an
email telling me they'd received the returned thread and were crediting my
credit card $9.95 for the thread.

So, *they* shipped the wrong color thread and I end up paying $11.30 for
shipping the wrong color thread both ways..... and I have nothing to show
for the $11.30 I spent??? Plus a trip to the post office and my time and
gasoline???

I'm am soooooooo NOT a happy customer of CreateForLess.com!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 25th 10, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IEZ[_2_]

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
I ordered five spools of *gray* thread on sale for a total of $9.95. An
additional $5.95 was added for shipping and handling. Well, the spools
arrived and they were *pink*! (The invoice included with the shipment
plainly stated "gray".)

I paid $5.35 to ship the pink thread back to them. Yesterday I received
an email telling me they'd received the returned thread and were crediting
my credit card $9.95 for the thread.

So, *they* shipped the wrong color thread and I end up paying $11.30 for
shipping the wrong color thread both ways..... and I have nothing to show
for the $11.30 I spent??? Plus a trip to the post office and my time and
gasoline???

I'm am soooooooo NOT a happy customer of CreateForLess.com!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I'd certainly give them an argument. A big one. If you complain they
should refund all the shipping.

They have a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/CreateForLes...ForLess?v=wall

I have had very good success using Facebook to complain about products. In
fact, that and keeping up with my son are the only reasons I have a Facebook
page at all.

Iris

Old November 26th 10, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

At least they credited you for the returned thread. Hancock's (whatever they
are online) did a similar dirty trick for me. I'm calm about mistakes, may
have made one myself but their return policy really scalded me. . . and
That is one mistake I won't make again. Polly

Old November 26th 10, 09:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

totally their own mistake and they should pay for all the shipping both
ways.
how can they charge you for their own mistake?
that is not fraud but plain stupidity and a massive rip off.
i'd call your credit card company asap and explain that to them.
they should be able to fix it so you're not charged a red cent.
take no prisoners, they are wrong, totally wrong.
i dont give a rats backside what their terms are, it was clearly their own
mistake and they must take responsibiliity for it.
hit them up on facebook. make a big noise. others there will not be the
least bit impressed.
j.

Old November 26th 10, 09:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

i'm going to assume you called them on their toll free number before
returning the thread?
their website says...

If you believe CreateForLess has shipped something in error, please call our
Customer Service department at (toll free) 1-866-333-4463. When you contact
us, please have your Return Form and Packing Slip available. This will help
our Customer Service department quickly and easily process your request.

copy/pasted that.
well, yes they clearly shipped something in error as the invoice shows.
i dont understand how they could possibly argue that point and not refund
your credit card for both ways shiipping as well.
shrug
j.

Old November 26th 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

If they have any business savvy they will rectify their mistake, let
you keep those wrong color spools, and send you a freebie also.

If they lack that savvy, we all know how to tell others about your
less-than-stellar experience, and the boycott will start.

Ginger in CA

Old November 27th 10, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 26/11/2010 16:52, Ginger in CA wrote:
If they have any business savvy they will rectify their mistake, let
you keep those wrong color spools, and send you a freebie also.

If they lack that savvy, we all know how to tell others about your
less-than-stellar experience, and the boycott will start.

That's about 2,000 potential customer they have lost in one fell swoop.
Might be good to point this out.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!