It's curtains for me.

Old November 23rd 10, 12:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default It's curtains for me.

Or should I say, It's curtains for the kitchen by me. We went up to
the wonderful Mennonite fabric store out in the middle of their rural
enclave and my wife and I selected some new fabric for the kitchen
curtains. This place is gigantic, and is housed in a rough hewn pole
barn building and staffed by very cute young Mennonite girls. Think
Kelly Mcgillis, in the movie "Witness". I get a kick out of them as
much as I do the gigantic selection of first grade fabric. Yesterday
and today I spent an enjoyable time making some tab hung cafe
curtains, for the door window and the window over the sink. Complete
with ruffled valances. It was fun to do something other than quilting.
It tests your memory skills as to just what to do to get a
professional job out of it. Anyway, the job is done and all are
pleased. Tomorrow it's out to the front yard to clean up the last of
the leaves, that have fallen. And go to the store and buy some wood.
Winter is coming.
John
Old November 24th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I've been ruffling too - neighbor is creating a pageant dress. Yes indeed
it does test your memory to remember what works best. I wish I'd had a
serger back when our daughters were going through the prom and piano recital
phase. Polly

"John" Or should I say, It's curtains for the kitchen by me. We went up

Fabric for curtains Janner Quilting 5 October 22nd 10 02:06 PM
New kitchen curtains! Megan Zurawicz[_3_] Quilting 8 June 10th 10 08:55 PM
LOOKING FOR CURTAINS CAN U HELP???? [email protected] Sewing 1 December 8th 06 10:44 AM
The curtains elspeth Quilting 0 November 15th 05 11:57 PM
Spotlight Curtains Ready Made, Worst Ready Made Curtains in the World Bad Spotlight Sewing 3 June 10th 05 10:55 AM