Pictures of ABC quilts

Old February 5th 04, 08:24 AM
Brian Christiansen

Default Pictures of ABC quilts

As I said in a previous message I make some quilts for ABC quilts. Up to
now, I suppose I have completed in the neighborhood of 10 or so quilts, the
latest 2 I have put pictures on the internet. The address is
http://photos.yahoo.com/v_1brchr.

Both are made by the "quilt as you sew" method. The fence rail, called
"barber pole" (because that is what the binding sort of made me think of) is
29 by 29 inches, kinda small, but big enough for a preemie, I suppose. My
label is strategically placed so as to cover up a place where I did not
quite cut a long enough strip.

The other, that I have labeled "mystery quilt", though perhaps I should
have just calles it "unnamed quilt", is 39 by 40 inches. I have not come up
with a name for it, and I was hoping somebody might have a suggestion for me

The pattern that I used, or at least started out using, was for an Ohio Star
wall hanging from the book "Weekend Star Quilts" by Marti Mitchell,
illustrated on page 35, though my choice of colors is quite different. I
also altered the pattern a bit, in fact, I mostly used the pattern to make
the Ohio star blocks (just don't look too closely at how well my corners
line up or my mitering).

Brian Christiansen

Old February 7th 04, 03:31 AM
Pat in Virginia

Brian: The "Mystery Front" really captured my interest. That
quilt has so much energy and good cheer! How about using that for
a name .... Good Cheer!!
PAT in VA/USA

http://photos.yahoo.com/v_1brchr....cut...

Pictures of my quilts Paegan Quilting 38 December 1st 03 02:19 PM
I got to see some old quilts Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 5 September 30th 03 05:29 PM
Pictures up of Seascape and Spider quilts MerryStahel Quilting 2 September 9th 03 05:09 PM
Quilts, Quilt Books, Chocolate Pat in Virginia Quilting 4 July 15th 03 03:18 AM
quilts, quilt books, chocolate Pat in Virginia Quilting 0 July 10th 03 11:39 PM