HELP!! Glass repair of a reverse painted glass window.

Old November 23rd 04, 08:52 PM
Wytchcat

Default HELP!! Glass repair of a reverse painted glass window.

I have a great piece of art that has recently been broken and I need
help repairing it, if possible

The piece is done on a large wood framed window that was fairly old
and fragile to begin with.

Now the glass has broken. There are two large pieces that have come
out of the frame completely.

Ideally I would like to reset those pieces back into the frame WITHOUT
ruining the artwork painted on the whole. It was done in acrylic and
not fixed so that is going to be an issue. There is paint on both
sides of the glass surface.

The break is clean, no chips or shattering.

Any suggestions?
Rebecca
Old November 24th 04, 03:28 AM
Moonraker

"Wytchcat" wrote in message
om...
I have a great piece of art that has recently been broken and I need
help repairing it, if possible

The piece is done on a large wood framed window that was fairly old
and fragile to begin with.

Now the glass has broken. There are two large pieces that have come
out of the frame completely.

Ideally I would like to reset those pieces back into the frame WITHOUT
ruining the artwork painted on the whole. It was done in acrylic and
not fixed so that is going to be an issue. There is paint on both
sides of the glass surface.

The break is clean, no chips or shattering.

Any suggestions?
Rebecca

I'm a bit puzzled....your artwork was done with "acrylic", yet the window
was old and fragile? I guess "old" depends on your point of view, but
seems to me that acrylics are pretty much a modern-day new-fangled
invention. Or are you saying that someone painted artwork recently on an
old window?

Suppose you could edge glue the break with some UV curing cement?

Old November 25th 04, 05:22 AM
Wytchcat

I'm a bit puzzled....your artwork was done with "acrylic", yet the window
was old and fragile? I guess "old" depends on your point of view, but
seems to me that acrylics are pretty much a modern-day new-fangled
invention. Or are you saying that someone painted artwork recently on an
old window?

Suppose you could edge glue the break with some UV curing cement?

You are correct the art itself is new. The windows where old.

UV curing cement... hmm... ok... something to check into! Thanks!

Anyone else?