more clay beads

Old September 9th 04, 04:43 PM
Debbie B

Thanks. I'm a chicken when I buy things. I usually get the wrong thing and
it gets expensive. lol

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Beading http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079814&pathID=724394

"Carla" wrote in message
nk.net...
It's a rubber barrel 3 lb. rock tumbler (I got it on ebay, but it's also
at harborfreight.com). I just use the grit that came with the tumbler,
one coarse, one fine; and I cut up some old jeans for the final tumble.
I also bought extra rubber barrels because trying to clean the grit
out is a *major* PITA.

I've been doing eight hours in the coarse grit, four in the fine, and
two with the denim.

I tried sanding by hand when I first started, but that didn't go so
well, working with small beads.

When done, I dump all the gunky water into an old coffee can.

Cheers,
Carla

Debbie B wrote:

"The beads I made this afternoon still have to be tumbled and
polished, though."

Carla,
What kind of tumbler and what do you use to tumble with? If you don't

mind
me asking. I hate the sanding part of the polyclay beads.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Beading http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079814&pathID=724394
Polymer Clay http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079769&pathID=724393
Beaded Ornaments http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079557&pathID=724392

"Carla" wrote in message
nk.net...

Well, instead of playing with the HotPot today, I played with the pasta
machine. The beads I made this afternoon still have to be tumbled and
polished, though.

These are the sets I made the weekend before I went to Wisconsin.

This set was done with gold, green pearl, and purple -
http://tinyurl.com/3l8kx

These were done with lavender pearl and green pearl, covered with
translucent - http://tinyurl.com/4hegy

No roses, though (Dang it, Candace, how did you do that?)

Cheers,
Carla

Old September 10th 04, 04:35 AM
Carla

~Candace~ wrote:
You just gave me heart palpitations! You actually forwarded that link?
Wow.
Just...omg. *mentally shaking self* That is the highest compliment I've
ever received.

Well, I hope you don't mind too much. When folks ask me "why clay?", I
like being able to point out stuff like that.

Thank you. Okay, lemme look for a bit and see if I can find that tut.
Aha! Found it.
http://www.jaedworks.com/clayspot/techniques/roses.html

Ah, thank you! Wish me luck

Cheers,
Carla
Old September 10th 04, 05:00 AM
~Candace~

MIND? MIND? Why on earth would I mind, woman?! I'm flattered beyond
belief!
And you know I have to see whatever you create from the tutorial!

"Carla" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old September 10th 04, 05:09 AM
Carla

Heh. I actually paid more for my tumbler on ebay than what Harbor
Freight is selling them for. Too bad I hadn't come across that site
beforehand

Cheers,
Carla

Debbie B wrote:

"The beads I made this afternoon still have to be tumbled and
polished, though."

Carla,
What kind of tumbler and what do you use to tumble with? If you don't

mind

me asking. I hate the sanding part of the polyclay beads.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Beading http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079814&pathID=724394
Polymer Clay http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079769&pathID=724393
Beaded Ornaments http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079557&pathID=724392

hlink.net...

Old September 10th 04, 07:49 AM
Kalera Stratton

Oooh, the second set is like candy! I love it. It's so very ME. You
meant them for me, right?

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old September 11th 04, 10:06 AM
Carla

I'd be happy to pack 'em up and send 'em to ya, but you'd have to
promise not to laugh when you see them up close and personal

Cheers,
Carla

Old September 11th 04, 03:51 PM
Kalera Stratton