more clay beads

Old September 9th 04, 05:53 AM
Carla

Default more clay beads

Well, instead of playing with the HotPot today, I played with the pasta
machine. The beads I made this afternoon still have to be tumbled and
polished, though.

These are the sets I made the weekend before I went to Wisconsin.

This set was done with gold, green pearl, and purple -
http://tinyurl.com/3l8kx

These were done with lavender pearl and green pearl, covered with
translucent - http://tinyurl.com/4hegy

No roses, though (Dang it, Candace, how did you do that?)

Cheers,
Carla

Old September 9th 04, 06:04 AM
~Candace~

I ADORE the first set! In-Spir-Ing! I can't get the second set to come up
though

The roses hhmmm? I read a tutorial all the way through once, then I walked
away from it and just sat down and did it. It's better for me if I do it
like that, rather than try to follow along step by step.
I think the trick is to start off knowing exactly how many petals you'll use
(7) before you put it together. Each petal is made with the same amount of
clay, but they're shaped differently so that the bulk of the clay sits in
different places, depending on where you are putting the petal.
Oh, and curl each petal as you place it! Do not curl them all afterwards,
because it won't look right at all.

nk.net...

Old September 9th 04, 06:44 AM
Debbie B

"The beads I made this afternoon still have to be tumbled and
polished, though."

Carla,
What kind of tumbler and what do you use to tumble with? If you don't mind
me asking. I hate the sanding part of the polyclay beads.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Beading http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079814&pathID=724394

nk.net...

Old September 9th 04, 06:45 AM
~Candace~

Ahah! I got the second set to come up! Beautful!

"Debbie B" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Those are both beautiful sets.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Beading http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079814&pathID=724394
Polymer Clay http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079769&pathID=724393
Beaded Ornaments http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079557&pathID=724392

nk.net...

Old September 9th 04, 07:11 AM
Carla

It's a rubber barrel 3 lb. rock tumbler (I got it on ebay, but it's also
at harborfreight.com). I just use the grit that came with the tumbler,
one coarse, one fine; and I cut up some old jeans for the final tumble.
I also bought extra rubber barrels because trying to clean the grit
out is a *major* PITA.

I've been doing eight hours in the coarse grit, four in the fine, and
two with the denim.

I tried sanding by hand when I first started, but that didn't go so
well, working with small beads.

When done, I dump all the gunky water into an old coffee can.

Cheers,
Carla

Debbie B wrote:

"The beads I made this afternoon still have to be tumbled and
polished, though."

Carla,
What kind of tumbler and what do you use to tumble with? If you don't mind
me asking. I hate the sanding part of the polyclay beads.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Beading http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079814&pathID=724394
Polymer Clay http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079769&pathID=724393
Beaded Ornaments http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079557&pathID=724392

nk.net...

Old September 9th 04, 07:19 AM
Carla

~Candace~ wrote:

I ADORE the first set! In-Spir-Ing! I can't get the second set to come up
though

This is the long url -
http://home.earthlink.net/~sardonyx/...t%20spring.jpg

The roses hhmmm? I read a tutorial all the way through once, then I walked
away from it and just sat down and did it.

Is the tutorial online somewhere? I haven't come across anything like
that. I'm still dumbstruck by how pretty those are (I've sent the link
to several folks and said "Isn't this cool?" g)

Cheers,
Carla

Old September 9th 04, 07:30 AM
~Candace~

You just gave me heart palpitations! You actually forwarded that link?
Wow.
Just...omg. *mentally shaking self* That is the highest compliment I've
ever received.
Thank you. Okay, lemme look for a bit and see if I can find that tut.
Aha! Found it.
http://www.jaedworks.com/clayspot/techniques/roses.html

It's So simple.
Just take your time