Anyone here a volume user/seller of Kokomo glass?

Old April 7th 05, 02:36 AM
Javahut

Default Anyone here a volume user/seller of Kokomo glass?

Has ANYONE noticed a difference in KOG since they went to smaller sheets?

Doesn't have the color saturation or density it once had not so long ago, or
at least it seems that way to me.

Anyone? larger retailers? Bigger studios? any buyers that have a history
with it before and after the sheet size change?

Old April 7th 05, 04:30 AM
howard

used to use it about 20 years ago. never impressed with it, but as a filler
(simple grid backgrounds) or for students not too bad
Better than spectrum, but for my lamps........bullseye, uroborus, and yogo.
still made in the USA?
sorry I was no help!

Old April 20th 05, 04:13 PM
Ron Parker

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:36:13 -0400, Javahut wrote:
Has ANYONE noticed a difference in KOG since they went to smaller sheets?

Doesn't have the color saturation or density it once had not so long ago, or
at least it seems that way to me.

I just toured the factory a week and a half ago (the day after I first read
this post, actually) and they said they're still using the same formulas and
so on they've always used. I don't tend to buy glass by the full sheet, so
I don't know what their sheet size used to be compared to what it is now,
but in case it helps you reach your own conclusions, what I saw coming off
the line were 84 x 32 full sheets, being cut by two guys with straightedges
and glass cutters into 32 x 32 "half" sheets. I'm not sure what they did
with the extra 20", unless it was in the ends they were throwing into the
hopper to be turned into cullet.

I did notice that the vast majority of the crates waiting for shipping were
of the size that would contain "half" sheets, so presumably that's what most
of you are used to buying. They did say they sell the full sheets too, but
it looked to me like there aren't a lot of distributors ordering them.

And yes, to answer the other poster, it's still made in the USA.

--
#local R=7084844682857967,0787982,826975826580;#macro L(P)concat(#while(P)chr(
mod(P,100)),#local P=P/100;#end"")#end background{rgb 1}text{ttf L(R.x)L(R.y)0,0

For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 08:19 PM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM
Old glass receipts Matthew Spong Glass 0 July 4th 03 01:06 PM