This newsgroup needs a warning label!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 8th 04, 10:12 PM
anne

Default This newsgroup needs a warning label!!!!!!!!!!!

The label might read "Reading this group is hazardous to your pocketbook and/or
bank account"

I've been thinking about a stand for awhile. The recent discussion tipped me in
the wrong direction eg -- after researching the ones mentioned, I hopped in
the car and headed to the LNS to see what they might have as I believe in
supporting the local economy when possible. I am now the owner of an Elan floor
stand, complete with extra 'arm' for charts.

Next month, I may treat myself to an OTT floor lamp unless y'all have better
suggestions.
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old October 9th 04, 01:54 AM
RadioStmpr

If you can, get a Daylight (the company name) instead. They're just as good,
and a lot cheaper. If they had been out when I bought my OTT, I would have
gotten a Daylight instead. They just came out with a tabletop model that I am
drooling over! Here it is:

http://us.daylightcompany.com/product.plm/21/38

You can remove all of the extra stuff (the magnifer, trays, etc.) when company
comes, and it just looks like a nice brass lamp!

Mandy
Old October 9th 04, 04:48 AM
K Sartori

i have the ott potable lamp and it is amazing. i only use it for thread
sorting when there are two colors that are similar to each other. i do
most of my stitching in the kitchen due to space limtiations and the
light in there is floresent so its pretty good lighting. kelly

Old October 9th 04, 07:22 AM
Darla

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:12:16 -0400, anne wrote:

Next month, I may treat myself to an OTT floor lamp unless y'all have better
suggestions.

I use the GripIt Deluxe floorstand, and have their ClipLight
attachment, to which I have clipped an ordinary clamp-on gooseneck
lamp wherein I use either Luminex full-spectrum bulbs or GE's Reveal
bulbs.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Picture Trail Gallery: www.picturetrail.com User Name: Condorita
www.sisquoc.blog-city.com
Get naked to respond.
Old October 9th 04, 04:40 PM
fran

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:12:16 -0400, anne wrote:

The label might read "Reading this group is hazardous to your pocketbook and/or
bank account"

Then we are doing our job right (VBEG) !