Christmas stocking

Old October 7th 04, 01:09 PM
BDS2pds

Default Christmas stocking

Ahhhhhhhhh, I have all of the Christmas stockings I need to do to add to our
family this year. We only had one new baby addition to add a stocking on my
fireplace I did it early in the year to make sure it was done as I missed last
xmas for her first xmas.
The years it really is crazy if the following happens: my child marries and I
need to create a needlepoint one for the new spouse at their house, one for the
spouse for here and one for here for my child as they take the childhood
stocking with them. That is three that year and luckily I only design one.

Christmas Stocking lady
Old October 9th 04, 05:07 AM
Angel

Yes, well, if I ever actually get mine put together. I can't quite figure
it out. Any pointers ? Please, as I may soon find myself doing a few more.
Angela

Old October 9th 04, 10:16 PM
D.M.Evans

I saw a cross stitched display in my local shop. They didn't have the
pattern, it was thought to be Peace Earth Angel. It was a large earth in the
background with a sitting dark haired angel. For some reason it just spoke
to me and the more I think about it, I want to do it. Does anyone know if
that is the name of the pattern and if there is a website with a picture?

Thanks,
Darlene

Old October 9th 04, 10:42 PM
Boohoo1971

Any pointers ? Please, as I may soon find myself doing a few more.
Angela

Hi Angela...it is really easy, and if you have or can use a sewing machine it
is a snap. You will need a piece of fabric for the back and two pieces for the
lining. Since I quilt I have odds and ends of muslin which I use for the
lining. Decide where you want the edges of the stocking in relation to the
design. Mark about a 1/2 an inch from the edge line and trim off the access.
I do not trim the top now. You now have the shape of the stocking. The front
on the stocking is face up. Put lining on your cutting surface,front to front
and using the stocking as a pattern, cut the lining pieces, which you keep
together, but put aside. Now place the backing face down and the stocking face
up, and cut the backing. Again with both the lining and the backing I leave
several inches extra. Stitch the linings together around the stocking shape
leaving the top unstitched, about 3/4 of an inch from the edge. This makes the
lining fit nicely. Put the face of the stocking next to the face of the
backing and stitch 1/2 inch from the edge, around but not the top. Trim edges
of lining and stocking and turn stocking so face of stocking and backing are on
the outside. The lining will not be turned. Make a hanging tab but cutting a
piece of the backing about 1 and 1/2 inches wide and roughly 6 inches long.
Fold it so all rough edged are inside and stitch both long sides. Decide where
top of the stocking will be. Trim to about a half inch on both lining and
stocking. Turn down edges and pin. I then double the tab and stitch it so ends
are inside the stocking and pretty much on the inside of the fold line. Stick
lining into stocking, and blind tack the lining and stocking tops together. I
have no idea how much you have stitched on a machine, so made the directions
pretty detailed. It takes me about 15 minutes to finish a stocking. If you
have any questions just e-mail me. If you are an experienced stitcher, you can
add a cording at the edge by stitching it to the cront of the stocking before
you stitch the backing on, then stitch the backing. Boo

Old October 9th 04, 10:57 PM
Gillian Murray

It is World Peace Angel. You can see it at this site.
http://www.tiag.com/designs/LL-51.html . It is designed by Marilyn Leavitt
Imblum, under her Lavender & Lace label. She doesn't allow pictures of her
work, so you have to go to her website, which I have given you. Supposedly
the angel is sitting in a wheelchair.

Gillian
Florida

Old October 10th 04, 01:29 AM
D.M.Evans

Thanks Gillian,
That is it exactly! That the sitting angel might be in a wheelchair is
perfect, my sister has been wheelchair bound for the last two years. Each
day we have with her, is one more than the doctors hoped.

Darlene
Now to see about ordering the pattern.

Old October 10th 04, 01:53 AM
Gillian Murray

Happy to be able to help, Darlene. Good luck with stitching it, and may your
sister enjoy watching it develop!!

gillian