Mad S.E.X.

Old October 2nd 04, 02:48 AM
Darla

Default Mad S.E.X.

And I *must* be mad, in that marvelous British sense of barking loony.
Ever since I first saw it in The Stitchery catalog a couple (or
threeple or fourple) of months ago, I've been lusting for the Thea
Gouverneur St Petersburg tricentennial piece. I asked at one of my
favorite ONSs--Stitches 'n' Things--about a layaway (hire-purchase)
plan for it, and when Deb (with whom I was once a member of an email
loop) told me she could get it and would allow me to make payments, I
decided that I'd ask at my B&M LNS about the same arrangement. Well,
just about the time I was wondering if I should give up on the LNS
ever getting it in and go ahead and place the order with the ONS, my
LNS told me someone had finally returned the call, and the kit was on
its way. The LNS called Monday while I was at work, and I wandered
down today after depositing my paycheck in the bank. But I yielded,
and instead of making a nice down payment on a layaway, I shot my
stash wad for the forseeable future and brought the kit home today.
Okay, so I have no will-power. But I *do* have this really luscious
piece waiting for me to finish what I have in progress!

They actually went ahead and ordered two, one for me and one for sale.
The second one was snapped up almost as soon as they opened the
package the kits came in!
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Picture Trail Gallery: www.picturetrail.com User Name: Condorita
www.sisquoc.blog-city.com
Get naked to respond.
Old October 2nd 04, 04:54 AM
Rachel Janzen

Darla wrote:

[...]

So, I read this, and I've read about your anticipation on your blog, so
of course I had to see what it looked like, because I've enjoyed her
patterns - lots from the New Stitches magazine are on my to do list and
her "The Gardener" is on my bedroom wall. And it's lovely, but on the
same page as St Petersburg is 'Classical stone Arch Architecture' and
'Classical Masonry Architecture'. I fell in love and I'm here to say
"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" :-

Rachel

Old October 2nd 04, 04:55 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Darla
writes:

Okay, so I have no will-power.

I've been lusting after it, too, though with the burning need to substitute
black fabric and rayon thread, the kit didn't seem so cost-effective. When
you're done, I'll be pleased to take the chart off your hands, in exchange for
???

--
Finished 9/24/04 - Quilt Show
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old October 2nd 04, 01:59 PM
Irene

Darla wrote in message . ..
And I *must* be mad, in that marvelous British sense of barking loony.
Ever since I first saw it in The Stitchery catalog...

I felt the same way about BOTH of her books: I was watching the
European online shops on a regular basis for more of Jill Gordon
books/patterns, and so I had both Thea's books as soon as they were
listed.

I have also collected many of her botanical fruit patterns. It took
me two afternoons to match up the threads to my handy DMC shade
card--that's just for ONE pattern.

So I am now looking to trade some of this for her coffeee/tea/coca
charts

(HINT, HINT)--Irene
Old October 2nd 04, 02:17 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/1/04 9:48 PM, in article ,
"Darla" wrote:

[...]

Darla - I just had to go look at these! I want them, I want them NOW!

Cheryl

Old October 2nd 04, 11:12 PM
mole

Darla wrote in message . ..
[...]

After reading this, I went to my catalog and looked at this one again.
I have some birthday money stashed, and a refund check from the
telephone company. I've been looking at this for a while but never
knew of anyone who actually had the kit. Going on your recommendation
that it is beautiful......I'm going to order it as a birsthday present
for me. Thanks for giving me the courage to take this step. Judi
Old October 4th 04, 04:54 AM
Ellice

Darla wrote:

And I *must* be mad, in that marvelous British sense of barking loony.
Ever since I first saw it in The Stitchery catalog a couple (or
threeple or fourple) of months ago, I've been lusting for the Thea
Gouverneur St Petersburg tricentennial piece. I asked at one of my
*snip*
its way. The LNS called Monday while I was at work, and I wandered
down today after depositing my paycheck in the bank. But I yielded,
and instead of making a nice down payment on a layaway, I shot my
stash wad for the forseeable future and brought the kit home today.
Okay, so I have no will-power. But I *do* have this really luscious
piece waiting for me to finish what I have in progress!

Lucky you - to have such a gorgeous piece. I just don't believe that you
haven't started to play with it beg
We all know how this happens - it just has to.

I can only imagine what will happen when Caryn, Sue & I hit the Stitching
Post in Baltimore next Tuesday (the 12th). We had to postpone our outing
(VA-MD-DC) because of me. But, I'm going to show restraint. Quit
laughing, Caryn! I am. Have to be able to actually close on the new house
- or more accurately, get this one fixed for sale in the spring.

Enjoy your new piece of madness, Darla.

Ellice - who still has to end this study break

Old October 8th 04, 04:17 AM
Darla

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:54:56 -0400, Ellice wrote:

Darla wrote:

And I *must* be mad, in that marvelous British sense of barking loony.
Ever since I first saw it in The Stitchery catalog a couple (or
threeple or fourple) of months ago, I've been lusting for the Thea
Gouverneur St Petersburg tricentennial piece. I asked at one of my
*snip*
its way. The LNS called Monday while I was at work, and I wandered
down today after depositing my paycheck in the bank. But I yielded,
and instead of making a nice down payment on a layaway, I shot my
stash wad for the forseeable future and brought the kit home today.
Okay, so I have no will-power. But I *do* have this really luscious
piece waiting for me to finish what I have in progress!

Lucky you - to have such a gorgeous piece. I just don't believe that you
haven't started to play with it beg
We all know how this happens - it just has to.

Well, if going through the floss to compare it with the color card so
I know what the numbers are counts as "playing with it," then no, I
haven't been able to resist. Heck, I've even made a stitcher's copy!
I'm still waffling about the included linen, and how to have it dyed,
and by whom. Or whether I should replace it with some Lugana 32 dyed
to order. Sometimes I just sit 'n' drool over the pic. (Thank
goodness for plastic!)
Old October 8th 04, 01:52 PM
Nadia Abbasi

I know exactly which one you're referring to! I've been drooling over
this one myself for several months - I saw it on darklilac.com, I
think. But it's way too out of budget for me now. I have too much
other stuff on my list. Is there a catalog or a website that has all
of her designs?

Nadia

S.E.X & Stash S & A Needlework 6 April 11th 04 04:31 AM
S.E.X. - building 19 Style Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 March 31st 04 10:43 PM
Unexpected Cheap S.E.X. Karen C - California Needlework 1 March 29th 04 06:49 PM
Weekend workshops and Birthday S.E.X. Bob & Marg Whittleton Needlework 2 September 23rd 03 06:38 PM
Weird S.E.X! Kate Dicey Quilting 2 July 21st 03 10:01 PM