Lap stand for Q snaps or hoops?

Old October 7th 04, 03:10 AM
Katherine Hutter

Default Lap stand for Q snaps or hoops?

Does anyone know of any lap stand (not floor stands) that can hold
something like a Q snap? I already have a lap stand with stretcher
bars, but I sometimes like to do smaller pieces which I put in Q snaps
or hoops. Since I cannot always hold the smaller items, I thought to
get a lap stand to hold it for me. I have a small apartment, so I
don't have the floor space for a full length floor stand. I'm hoping
to do some looking and then put in on my Christmas list for this year!

Thanks.
Katherine H
Old October 7th 04, 04:10 PM
SEL

I've used an Elan lapstand - made by Artisan - for 10+ years. Always with my
Qsnaps, from the 6" size right up to the full 17x17" set. It's a life saver
! Fully collapsable for easy portability. And mine doesn't show a bit of
wear and tear on it, and it's been moved from house to house to house over
all those years - even daily from my house to my office for the past 3
years.

I love it so much I'm perpetually on the lookout for a second one. Maybe
Santa will be nice to me this year

Good luck in your search !
Shannon L.

Old October 7th 04, 05:32 PM
Ellice

Katherine Hutter wrote:

Does anyone know of any lap stand (not floor stands) that can hold
something like a Q snap? I already have a lap stand with stretcher
bars, but I sometimes like to do smaller pieces which I put in Q snaps
or hoops. Since I cannot always hold the smaller items, I thought to
get a lap stand to hold it for me. I have a small apartment, so I
don't have the floor space for a full length floor stand. I'm hoping
to do some looking and then put in on my Christmas list for this year!

Sure. I use a K's baby Z as a lap/table stand with my Q snaps. Any of the
K's will work, as long as you get them with the clamp. Same clamp will
also hold stretch bars. If it's for smaller pieces, the Baby Z is really
nice, and only clamps from the side. Their traditional lap stand has an
expando base. I do pieces in 11" Q-snaps on the Baby Z. I've actually had
14" stretcher sets in it just fine - but if I were doing bigger pieces
all the time I'd get the full size Z frame. Anyhow, I use the Baby Z, in
my lap - sitting cross-legged on the sofa all the time.

http://www.kscreations.com/lapframes.htm

I don't like the Petite as well as the Z frame and Adjustable Base
classics. We sell alot of them in the shop - they're well made.

I also have a Stowaway Floor Stand -which I just fold up and slide to the
side/behind when I'm not using it if it needs to be quickly put away, or
just out of the way. However, I'm looking forward to getting one of her
metal stands - they're really nice.

good luck, whatever you choose,
ellice

Old October 7th 04, 11:53 PM
Mary K

I agree - love the Elan from artisan. I ONLY use q-snaps and it holds
them well - even big frame sizes. The stand works well as a table top
model too.

Mary

SEL" wrote in message m...
[...]

Susan Bates embroidery hoops Becky Andresen Needlework 6 September 17th 04 09:37 AM
Hoops, scroll frames, q-snaps JiminyCricket Needlework 4 August 29th 04 12:21 AM
bucilla kit and hoops on ebay Kim McAnnally Needlework 0 May 29th 04 09:34 PM
Snaps? Cheryl Rubberstamps 5 May 7th 04 01:20 PM
Spring hoops mtnbirdlady Needlework 2 August 23rd 03 03:12 PM