Directory question - format

Old March 27th 04, 09:32 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Must have only happened on your copy. The original didn't do that on the
dates.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"Ann" wrote in message
It's no trouble at all to convert and send out.......and YES to only those
in the directory
And it's you and Sandy that have done all the work
However, I had to giggle about some the birth years. Presuming not

everyone
wanted to include their years and the computer must have used auto

complete
and plunked in 2004. But then it's never to early to learn to quilt!!!!

Ann

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
You're wonderful! Thanks. That's how the excel version gets out there.
Someone will take it, convert it, and either offer to send it out ONLY

THOSE IN THE DIRECTORY or will send to me and I'll send it out.

I always appreciate the extra work of others... Such as you and Sandy!

Thanks.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Ann" wrote in message
Thanks so much for the Directory gals !!!!!
I've converted it to Excel. About the first thing I did. Plus fine

tuned
it a bit in lining it up in the cells etc. Due to my orderly nature

in
things like this.
If you are in the Directory and would like an Excel copy please feel

free
email and ask me and I'll get you off a copy. Please make it subject

line
appropriate though as I dump things I don't recognize without opening.

Ann
darcyh @ telusplanet.net
(take out the spaces to email)

---

---

Old March 27th 04, 11:02 PM
Dr. Quilter

aha, I saw table format and I guessed excel. no wonder my computer used
word to open it.. .) but like you say, the windows program are easily
interconvertible (that is not the right word, since they do different
stuff.. compatible should I say?

AliceW wrote:

You are correct and I did see that requirement and requested the text
version. I thought the spreadsheet format meant a table-like version rather
than a word document. I remember this from a previous version. At that
time, someone converted one of the formats into an Excel spreadsheet format.
I guess I should have asked, but I have received the Excel file now and all
is well.

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old March 27th 04, 11:26 PM
Sandy Foster

"Ann" wrote in message
It's no trouble at all to convert and send out.......and YES to only those
in the directory
And it's you and Sandy that have done all the work
However, I had to giggle about some the birth years. Presuming not

everyone
wanted to include their years and the computer must have used auto

complete
and plunked in 2004. But then it's never to early to learn to quilt!!!!

Ann

And I did my own Word-Excel conversion and didn't see that, either.
Those who didn't put in birth years just have month and day!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old March 27th 04, 11:28 PM
Ann

Totally my formatting at my end.
Sorry for the confustion ..but made ya look didn't it? ))

Ann

Old March 27th 04, 11:31 PM
Mary in Oregon

on the copy I got from you, Ann, the 5 digit zip codes didn't show. I'll
key them in later.

--
Mary

Old March 28th 04, 03:23 PM
ESTELLE GALLAGHER

Well I am a technephobe. I havent a clue what you're all on about,all I
know is I have it and have saved it on my putor,and I'm happy!!lol Thanks
again you 2 nice ladies. Estelle

Old March 28th 04, 03:35 PM
AliceW

Estelle, the Directory is provided in several formats. The format is chosen
by the directory members at the time the directory is being revised. I like
the text version because I can use it to create mailing labels and such.
These versions (text and spreadsheet table) are opened with Word or similar
word processing program. But, some nice folks take the spreadsheet version
and convert it into an Excel format. Excel is a database type program which
allows searching and sorting. So if you wanted to find all the members who
live in New Jersey, you can sort the info to do that. It just depends on
how folks want to use the information. Whatever format works and however
the members use it could not be possible without all the hard work of folks
like LN and Sandy. The Excel version is a bonus.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

"ESTELLE GALLAGHER" wrote in message
: Well I am a technephobe. I havent a clue what you're all on about,all I
: know is I have it and have saved it on my putor,and I'm happy!!lol Thanks
: again you 2 nice ladies. Estelle
: "Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
: ...
: aha, I saw table format and I guessed excel. no wonder my computer used
: word to open it.. .) but like you say, the windows program are easily
: interconvertible (that is not the right word, since they do different
: stuff.. compatible should I say?
:
: AliceW wrote:
:
: You are correct and I did see that requirement and requested the text
: version. I thought the spreadsheet format meant a table-like version
: rather
: than a word document. I remember this from a previous version. At
that
: time, someone converted one of the formats into an Excel spreadsheet
: format.
: I guess I should have asked, but I have received the Excel file now
and
: all
: is well.
:
:
: --
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mvignali

Old March 28th 04, 06:19 PM
Patti

Oh Estelle - I'm with you g.
How wonderful it must be to be able to understand what they're on about,
let alone be able to do it and even instruct others in how to do it.
..
In article , ESTELLE GALLAGHER
writes

AliceW wrote:

You are correct and I did see that requirement and requested the text
version. I thought the spreadsheet format meant a table-like version

rather
than a word document. I remember this from a previous version. At that
time, someone converted one of the formats into an Excel spreadsheet

format.
I guess I should have asked, but I have received the Excel file now and

all
is well.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 28th 04, 08:32 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Actually, if I were going to use this to make mailing labels, I would want
the word spreadsheet version. You can use it to do a MAIL MERGE and create
the labels. I use the mail merge option to create the text version format.
The spreadsheet is actually the original file.

--

"AliceW" wrote in message
[...]

: ...

:

Old March 28th 04, 10:58 PM
AliceW

Absolutely correct! But when I only need one or two labels, the Word doc
works ok for me. You certainly provide formats that can do many things, and
I appreciate it!
--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us
"Time is that quality of nature which keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately it doesn't seem to be working."
Anonymous

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
: Actually, if I were going to use this to make mailing labels, I would want
: the word spreadsheet version. You can use it to do a MAIL MERGE and create
: the labels. I use the mail merge option to create the text version format.
: The spreadsheet is actually the original file.
:
:
: --
: LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)
:
:
:
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : "Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
: : ...
: : aha, I saw table format and I guessed excel. no wonder my computer
: used
: : word to open it.. .) but like you say, the windows program are
: easily
: : interconvertible (that is not the right word, since they do
different
: : stuff.. compatible should I say?
: :
: : AliceW wrote:
: :
: : You are correct and I did see that requirement and requested the
: text
: : version. I thought the spreadsheet format meant a table-like
: version
: : rather
: : than a word document. I remember this from a previous version.
At
: that
: : time, someone converted one of the formats into an Excel
spreadsheet
: : format.
: : I guess I should have asked, but I have received the Excel file
now
: and
: : all
: : is well.