O.T. Good news for me.

Old September 14th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di[_2_]

Default O.T. Good news for me.

Hi all,

I received a phone call yesterday by the way of a job offer - and I got it.

I hadn't applied for the job as I thought I was retired and enjoying myself
sewing, crafting and doing family history and just generally playing.

At 61+ years I had given up on getting a paying job so had thrown my skills
into volunteering at the local history society.

I worked very casually at the Australian Electoral Office when elections for
the State or Commonwealth (to be called soon) are being held and someone
very kindly looked at my details a bit more closely than before and rang me.

This means more money for material, maybe a first overseas holiday, new
clothes (for work of course) and a little bit of luxury as my DH and I own
our house now.

Oh boy, look our LQS, here I come.

I am so happy.

Di
In cold, wet Victoria and loving it.

Old September 14th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Congrats Di
I have done the local council elections once, which I enjoyed.
I think that 75% of the people that work on election day around here
are teachers from the local secondary college

Dee in Oz
...also in cold wet Victoria with predicted gale force winds blowing...

Old September 14th 07, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

On Sep 14, 2:45 pm, "Di" wrote:

[...]

Well done Di, I did that about 10 years ago (and the census work). I
don't think I earned enough for an overseas holiday though (smile).
Maybe the rates are better these days!

Bronnie in warm dry SE Qld.

Old September 14th 07, 08:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Congratulations, Di. What a wonderful surprise for you.
Hope it all works our well, and that some of these dreams become
reality.
..
In message , Di
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 14th 07, 08:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Congratulations on the job! Sounds like it was a pleasant surprise,
Barbara in SC

Old September 14th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di[_2_]

Hi Bronnie,

The overseas holiday is a dream I have had for over 40 years - marriage and
two kids came along and it was put on the backburner for 'ever'. Now I have
the chance to save I might just make it - in about 2 years time.

I forgot to mention that it will be a permanent part time job after the
elections.

Regards,
Di

"Bronnie" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old September 14th 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Congratulations!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 14th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Di" wrote:

[...]

Congratulations, Di! Good for you!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 14th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Congratulation, Di!

- dlm. in central MA

Old September 14th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

Congrats!!

--
Charlotte