Finishing Up

Old January 4th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default Finishing Up

A few projects. Several more, of course, to go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/2166688283/

BTW, has anyone here done a Buddy Quilt? It's a team building
exercise in which two people work together to produce two quilts. One
cuts; one sews. The resulting quilts are sort of Boston Commons, but
opposite each other. We're planning to do this at the store and I
would appreciate any hints you might offer.

joan
Old January 5th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Great work Joan. I expect no less though since you are one
of my favorite quilters. ; )

Buddy quilt sounds interesting. I have learned from the
classes and sit and sew charity sessions there are some
quilters I don't work well with. I am not a great team
player unless my team is really special. I'm curious to
hear about it though.
Taria

Old January 5th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

Wow I love that quilt

Carissa

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Butterflies are not insects, they are

Old January 5th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote:

A few projects. Several more, of course, to go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/2166688283/

BTW, has anyone here done a Buddy Quilt? It's a team building
exercise in which two people work together to produce two quilts. One
cuts; one sews. The resulting quilts are sort of Boston Commons, but
opposite each other. We're planning to do this at the store and I
would appreciate any hints you might offer.

joan

Wow! That's beautiful, Joan! As usual. I fell in love with Alex
Anderson's book on neutral quilts -- never thought I'd love neutrals.
G I'm hoping to make one of them sometime in the next decade.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old January 5th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

I like it even better now than I did before (and I liked it a lot then!).
Thanks for sharing the finished product.

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old January 5th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

I'm not too sure about the Buddy Quilt idea. Maybe if we were helping Jill
stitch quilts for her doggy shelters, I could cheerfully climb in. Other
than that, I'm afraid I'm a control freak. Yes. Probably I am. Polly

.. .

Old January 5th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

And the 'control freak' aspect is one of the reasons that I'm
participating in this. I've asked my 'buddy' to select the fabric,
although we did agree that it will be in batiks.

I figure it's occasionally good to get outside of my comfort zone and
try something new. I'm a solitary quilter, so this is a whole new
experience for me. Everyone participating is a quilt shop employee,
so it's not like we've picked people off the street to join. :

joan

On Jan 5, 7:59�am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I'm not too sure about the Buddy Quilt idea. �Maybe if we were helping Jill
stitch quilts for her doggy shelters, I could cheerfully climb in. �Other
than that, I'm afraid I'm a control freak. �Yes. �Probably I am. �Polly

"Louise in Iowa" wrote in s.com...

Old January 5th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Good for you, Joan, Finishing these projects.

Cute shopping bag you've knitted.
Years ago I crocheted several, gave away most of them; will have to pull
out that pattern (in a book ca.1945) and do a few more, as I'm sick of all
the plastic-plastic-plastic (we recycle plastic bags when we remember to
take them back to the store but I swear they breed in the dark).

No experience w/ the Buddy Quilt but hope you will keep us informed
of what you learn, how it goes.
http://tinyurl.com/yqydrv
http://tinyurl.com/2gmutx

Happy New Year!
R/Sandy -- "Finished is my favorite kind of quilt." --R/S

On 1/4/08 5:59 PM, in article
, "joan8904

Old January 5th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

Gorgeous as ALWAYS, Joan!!!

*still waiting for a book!!*

Hugs!!
--
Connie
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message
A few projects. Several more, of course, to go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/2166688283/

BTW, has anyone here done a Buddy Quilt? It's a team building
exercise in which two people work together to produce two quilts. One
cuts; one sews. The resulting quilts are sort of Boston Commons, but
opposite each other. We're planning to do this at the store and I
would appreciate any hints you might offer.

joan

finishing u.f.os sally adams Needlework 2 April 27th 06 10:49 AM
finishing CowieLuv Needlework 2 August 16th 04 11:03 PM
need ideas for finishing Miriam \Mim\ Spencer Quilting 10 January 25th 04 07:28 PM
OT- not quilting but more finishing Kellie J. Berger Quilting 4 September 21st 03 09:16 PM
help with finishing Barbara Hass Needlework 3 August 27th 03 06:48 PM