frustrated but happy

Old July 13th 04, 06:37 AM
Michael Curtis

Default frustrated but happy

The frustration comes from not being able to share pictures of my latest
quilt with you all. My camera wasn't affected by the brown out that knocked
out my puter but there isnt room on DHs system to put in the cable to hook
the camera up to his computer.This is a dandy quilt I have going this time!
As usual, its a simple block design ( the only kind I do) that had its
start from a gift of gingham from a member of rctq. That was the
inspiration. It wasnt ever going into the quilt itself but the cheery colors
and happy checks sparked a happy chain of events that led to where we are
today. The next happy event that spurred the quilt in its current direction
was a gift of hand dyed FQs from cas, a sometimes poster here. The colors
reminded me of the gingham, so I knew they would have to go to Megs quilt.
Then, cas sent me a copy of Australian Patchwork magazine and there was a
block that was just right. Nine patches in each corner, three rails on the
sides and a solid in the middle. The nine patches made of the hand dyes and
a WOW remind me of the ginghams. (which were turned into the cutest little
curtains, pillow covers and doll dress). There are 8 pieced blocks, each
with a different color of the hand dyeds, and then 8 yellow solid color
blocks.
Then, when my puter got knocked out and the electricity was off for
repairs I felt a great urge to do some piecing and made a pillow cover of
some rejected nine patch blocks, then appliqued very simple flowers on top,
of the same hand dyes. It turned out so cute that my quandry over what would
fill the solid yellow blocks was solved! Now the center of the quilt is
totally designed, the flowers basted in place and ready for buttonhole
stitching. The effect is charming. Its sweet, old fashioned looking, and
just what I was hoping to make for Meg.
After the hand work is done I will put the center back on the design wall.
It needs a narrow 'Sairey' border to fence in the happy garden. DH says
white, I disagree. It needs a ... hmmm... not sure yet!
So, there is my frustration and my happy. When I do get pictures to share, I
will, for now you get the thousand words a picture is supposed to be worth.
;-)
Diana, the verbose
ps, many thanks again to the gingham giver. I have forgotten your name but I
will never forget your generosity.

Old July 13th 04, 07:00 AM
Jalynne

I'm so excited about this quilt for Meg. And can hardly wait to see what it looks
like...but i'll be patient...or I'll at least try.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old July 13th 04, 09:00 AM
Roberta Zollner

Sounds delightful! Obviously we needed to hear about it and much enjoyed
your description, but now I feel frustrated too! No photo! So cruel for a
visual person.
BTW, I highly recommend the HP 2200 printer series, which combines color
inkjet printer, copier, fax and PHOTO CARD docks for 4 different card sizes.
No cables needed! The perfect quilter's printer :-) NAYY
Roberta in D

Old July 13th 04, 11:49 AM
Michael Curtis

If your patience runs thin, you know where I live. Pick people up on your
way over. I'll ask Wendy to do the same from her coast. We can have cheese
and whine.. or wine.
Diana

. net...

Old July 13th 04, 11:51 AM
Michael Curtis

Ill keep that in mind next time we upgrade the printer. It would be nice not
to have to mess with a cord.
I do feel badly, taunting you all with a mere textual description. Very bad.
I almost want to send each and all a FQ for bearing with me.
Diana

Old July 13th 04, 12:27 PM
Polly Esther

Roberta's right. I enjoyed the description but we just must have a picture
of this. Polly

"Roberta Zollner" wrote Sounds delightful! Obviously we needed to hear

Old July 13th 04, 01:11 PM
frood

Right. I have to wait for the refrigerator repairman today, but perhaps
tomorrow I can drive up. Spike and Giles will have to come with me, but I
still have room for 5 more! ;-)

I wanna see it!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Michael Curtis" wrote in message
If your patience runs thin, you know where I live. Pick people up on your
way over. I'll ask Wendy to do the same from her coast. We can have cheese
and whine.. or wine.
Diana

. net...

Old July 13th 04, 02:00 PM
Michael Curtis

Spike and Giles will have a blast with Meg. We can set them loose in the
yard with a Dora the Explorer sprinkler while we examine the quilt. Who else
will you bring with you?
Diana

"frood" wrote in message
.com...
Right. I have to wait for the refrigerator repairman today, but perhaps
tomorrow I can drive up. Spike and Giles will have to come with me, but I
still have room for 5 more! ;-)

I wanna see it!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Michael Curtis" wrote in message
If your patience runs thin, you know where I live. Pick people up on

your
way over. I'll ask Wendy to do the same from her coast. We can have

cheese
and whine.. or wine.
Diana

. net...

Old July 13th 04, 02:20 PM
Michael Curtis

Are you up for a road trip? You may pick Roberta up and meet up in Wisconsin
with the east and west coast contingencys. Or, we can all email the landlord
to cough up the dough for the burnt out puter parts. I like that idea almost
equally.
Diana

nk.net...

Old July 13th 04, 02:37 PM
frood

email, scheemail! When we all get there, we will march right down to the
landlord's office, rotary cutters and small children at the ready! We'll
show him not to mess with Quiltin' Mamas!

--
[...]

OT Happy Birthday Kathy H Shirley Shone Beads 12 January 21st 05 02:06 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Butterfly Quilting 12 March 22nd 04 01:19 AM
OT ~ Happy, happy, happy dancing!!!!!!!!!!!! Janner Quilting 10 December 21st 03 04:04 AM
Happy happy happy! ally Beads 6 September 3rd 03 12:19 AM
Hey Happy B Butterfly Quilting 0 July 26th 03 07:05 PM