Ot has anyone seen Elizabeth ,,,, was there storm in Salem ?

Old September 19th 04, 11:59 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot has anyone seen Elizabeth ,,,, was there storm in Salem ?

I don`t See Elizabeth Post ? is she ok , or has the storm reached
Salem ???
mirjam
Old September 20th 04, 03:20 AM
Jenn Liace

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:15:58 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 9/19/04 6:59 PM, in article , "Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen" wrote:

I don`t See Elizabeth Post ? is she ok , or has the storm reached
Salem ???
mirjam

AKA Dr. Brat - heard from her on Thursday, but not since. Busy time at
school for her.
Cheryl

Just saw something from her tonight on the Cortislim thread (unless
her posts are being delayed somehow)

Jenn L.
--
EBay here I come!
http://tinyurl.com/5l3qp

WIP's:
Lady Scarlet's Journey (Just Nan)
Flying High (Fanta Cat)

UFO's:
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old September 20th 04, 04:29 AM
Ellice

wrote:

AKA Dr. Brat - heard from her on Thursday, but not since. Busy time at
school for her.

Just saw something from her tonight on the Cortislim thread (unless
her posts are being delayed somehow)

Nope. The only thing that's delayed around here is my brain. Been
reading but not posting much. Lots of stuff going on, including a
promotion process and some health issues that have been taking up my time.

Elizabeth

Hope nothing too horrid on the health side. Are you doing the dance for
tenure? Always a fun thing as I've watched my old officemates, and close
friends go thru this in the last few years. Hope you're successful, and not
getting too worn down.

Ellice

Old September 20th 04, 12:33 PM
Dr. Brat

Ellice wrote:
"Dr. Brat" wrote:

Nope. The only thing that's delayed around here is my brain. Been
reading but not posting much. Lots of stuff going on, including a
promotion process and some health issues that have been taking up my time.

Hope nothing too horrid on the health side. Are you doing the dance for
tenure? Always a fun thing as I've watched my old officemates, and close
friends go thru this in the last few years. Hope you're successful, and not
getting too worn down.

I am tenured as of September 1. In my system, tenure and promotion are
separate, so now I am looking for promotion to associate professor.

Healthwise, I've been AWOL from my regular checkups for over 2 years
because I couldn't stand my GP and didn't want to deal with it. Finally
found a new doctor that I really really like. So he's running tests so
that I can start an exercise and diet program. Because of my family
history, last Friday's stress test caused me quite a bit of emotional
strain. *grin* But I'm fine.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old September 20th 04, 04:02 PM
Brenda

Congrats on receiving tenure! The promotion stuff requires a lot of
effort but I'm sure you'll get through just fine. Is your promotion
review scheduled for later this term? Keep your chin up and good luck!

Old September 20th 04, 04:18 PM
Ellice

"Dr. Brat" wrote:

Ellice wrote:
"Dr. Brat" wrote:

Nope. The only thing that's delayed around here is my brain. Been
reading but not posting much. Lots of stuff going on, including a
promotion process and some health issues that have been taking up my time.

Hope nothing too horrid on the health side. Are you doing the dance for
tenure? Always a fun thing as I've watched my old officemates, and close
friends go thru this in the last few years. Hope you're successful, and not
getting too worn down.

I am tenured as of September 1. In my system, tenure and promotion are
separate, so now I am looking for promotion to associate professor.

Interesting. Most of my mates seem to be at places where you have to have been
promoted to associate before being considered for tenure. Good for you.
Understand the busy-thing. One of our best friends was in a very unplanned
pregnancy with her 4th child, at the time of her tenure consideration. It was
quite the roller coaster for all trying to help her out, etc. But she's been
tenured for 9 years now, and suddenly decided with the 2 eldest at universities
that she hadn't pursued her academic fame hard enough, and is going gang busters
with her research now (she envisions changing the way the world's computer's
run). But, she can't twist my arm hard enough to get me to join her dept -
though I'm considering teaching something as an adjunct - don't know. Anyhow -
understand it's one of those things which tends to suddenly consume your life
when you decide to push for some academic promotion.

Healthwise, I've been AWOL from my regular checkups for over 2 years
because I couldn't stand my GP and didn't want to deal with it. Finally
found a new doctor that I really really like. So he's running tests so
that I can start an exercise and diet program. Because of my family
history, last Friday's stress test caused me quite a bit of emotional
strain. *grin* But I'm fine.

LOL - well, hmmm - just moved you up & back the stress/strain curve -and
presuming you stayed in the "elastic" zone (engineer humor - I know - it's
bad). Glad you got yourself back to the doc. DH went thru this in the spring -
his family has very bad cholestoral, his dad died young, heart attacks early.
DH, who is very fit & exercises about 20 hrs/week (sometimes more) has terrible
cholestoral, and then in the internist office they found a slight variation on
his EKG - so.... Off to the cardiologist - which is scary doing the tests, but a
good thing. Our doc sent us to a wild guy - who turns out to have been an
Engineer undergrad and MS - so he kept telling us that we were the smart ones -
staying in the engineering grad world - that he became a doc because he couldn't
handle the engineering graduate school - hmmm. Anyhow - he's quite fun, and very
talented and DH did a nuclear stress test, and then an echo-cardiogram (and they
let me observe everything) and finally it turned out all is good. Just he stays
on his Lipitor. But, I will say - he was definitely avoiding the whole thing
because it brought up all the emotional baggage. Since he's so good dealing
with my ups 'n downs - I had to overcome my own surprise, and just push him.

So, back to good diet and exercise, and hope the promotion process goes well.

Ellice

Elizabeth

OT - Gee thanks for that Storm Kathy N-V Beads 19 January 4th 05 04:13 AM
Pnoopie Pnats = Elizabeth Potenza beadsnstuff Beads 1 November 20th 04 10:33 PM
Biggie Storm OT Candace Beads 1 July 7th 04 01:51 AM
AD: Storm the Gift Horse II starlia Beads 2 March 3rd 04 09:44 PM
Scroll Rods (Att: Elizabeth) Felice Friese Needlework 4 September 14th 03 11:44 PM