quilt guild retreat activities

Old June 4th 12, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy

Default quilt guild retreat activities

Looking for suggestions - know this has been asked before and have googled
the subject and got some ideas firm that.

Thinking about a game where everyone gets a safety pin upon arrival and
collects the from whomever says the word of the day. We are at retreat
Thursday through Sunday and thin we might change the word every day.

Also, saw some pictures from an interesting relay race. Each team had a
plunger, rolls of toilet paper and a basket. They had to walk to the
basket with the plunger between their legs with a roll of toilet paper
loaded on it and dump the toilet paper in the basket without using their
hands. I think that would be good for laughs.

Might do a thimble relay race too. There will be 66 in attendance and most
come up to get a lot of sewing done so we don't want to take up a lot of
time with games but think maybe one all that lasts all weekend like the
safety pin game and the team games one a night for the three nights we are
there.

Has anyone played any team games that they would suggest with a quilt
related theme?

--
Kathy in NH
Old June 5th 12, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julie[_2_]

On Jun 4, 2:56*am, Kathy wrote:
[...]

For a baby shower I made copies of many items that are all baby-
related such as diapers, rattle, etc. and pinned them onto an apron. I
put the apron on and stood in the middle of the group and turned
around slowly a few times for some amount of time (forgot how long)
Then I took it off, put it out of sight and they had a minute or so to
write all the items down from memory. You could do the same thing with
all quilt-related items. It was a lot of fun!
Julie

Old June 5th 12, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Our Guild has played Quilt BINGO...You make the cards with different
quilting terms and items in each square. Or, we've played "identify the
block". Each team or person gets a page with several blocks pictured, and
the one who identifies the most correctly..wins!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old June 6th 12, 02:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_2_]

I'm co-chairing our retreat (for 65) this year and several people have
specifically asked if we were planning a lot of activities, because they
just want to sew. in the past, there has been a survey sent out before
retreat & based on the responses, the night before we go home, prizes are
awarded to those that got the most correct answers. As long as I have been
going - 8 years or so - we have always had a gift exchange on the last
night. The rules are basically like a "white elephant", but the gift should
be a nice gift. This year, I upped the value from $15 to $20. We have two
gifts that keep returning - one is a set of eggplants on a rope - there has
been much discussion about what they really are And the other is a funny
t-shirt with tassels hanging from the boobies and a saying - don't remember
what the saying is, but it's funny. They streamlined it a few years ago &
instead of one person at a time coming up, we do 3 people at a time, which
makes it go much faster. I have to admit, the first year I went, I was
groaning about having to stop sewing to do the gift exchange, but it was so
much fun, that I look forward to it every year. About 2 or 3 people choose
not to participate. I don't know how they can stand it though, because it
is really funny.

Pauline