Some OT, some not. A little venting, a little beadmaking talk....

Old November 4th 04, 08:31 PM
Karen_AZ

Who here knows who Rosa Parks is? I want to see a show of hands.

hand

KarenK

Old November 4th 04, 08:32 PM
Diana Curtis

Hand!
Lots of Gay Rosa Parks out there, challenging the unjust laws already. I
understand what you mean, but dont know what more they can do other than
keep getting married and fighting to change the laws that are already there.
What could they do to turn things around?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Who here knows who Rosa Parks is? I want to see a show of hands.

~~
Sooz
If you voted for Bush, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

Old November 4th 04, 08:32 PM
Sjpolyclay

Who here knows who Rosa Parks is? I want to see a show of hands.

I do! I do!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old November 4th 04, 08:33 PM
Dr. Sooz

*Everything* hiding behind the red [morality] cape of the matador! And then he
spears the bull, who didn't see the hidden swords.

Yeah, that makes sense. Money issues hiding behind the morality banner.

~~

Old November 4th 04, 08:35 PM
Dr. Sooz

Lets say that I wish to become a married homosexual person---
Pretend we're both single and I'm proposing to Sooz , that we might join our
bead staches legally....and if either of us is in the Hospital ICU, the loved
one can be there to visit and care for things. (This is just one of the legal
rights of Married People not extended to gays).

Yes. I've read stories of couples who have had this done to them, in the
hospital. Horrifying, heartbreaking. Any compassionate person would be
appalled.

Like I said.........(please read sig line)......
~~

Old November 4th 04, 08:39 PM
Dr. Sooz

I figure, if *God* allows for me to have free choice of behavior that either
saves or condemns my soul, then I'm not willing to concede that some old fart
human being has the right to legislate to take that choice away, as long as I
am doing no provable property or bodily damage.

What if heterosexuality were the "immoral" orientation? Think about having the
tables turned. Why do these guys have a right to tell you what to do with the
person you love, or to make the sanctity of that bond illegal?

Does anyone here think that being heterosexual is a choice? It isn't for me.
I'm straight, I'm not gay, and no amount of decision-making is going to change
that.

Some people are homosexual. Some are bisexual. You can't wake up one morning
and decide, "Hey! Women are going to turn me on now!" It's not how people
work.
~~

Old November 4th 04, 08:44 PM
Dr. Sooz

And exercising that free will when it's illegal means back-alley abortions.
You do realize, Lori, that when abortion was illegal, women did it themselves,
out of desperation?

With coat hangers. Most of them died.

Even 'religious'
people are human and have thoughts and beliefs of their own that aren't
straight from their holy books. It's called free will.

To me, "free will" would mean having the freedom to make the choice
that is right for me. JMO.

~~

Old November 4th 04, 08:48 PM
Dr. Sooz

Yeah. And my credo is always this: A little risk is a good thing for yer
creativity.

You know what it is, dont you, all of us clamoring to see you try new
things? You do what you do so well, so consistently beautifully, that we
know that there is more there inside you that will come and surprise us and
make our jaws drop in awe, admiration and desire. Not a one of us would want
you to put yourself in emotional harms way to do it tho. Sure, we are
impatient, little kids waiting for the new candy to be put in the window
display, waiting for this voyeristic form of Christmas morning... New
Kandice Beads. Can you blame us? (nah, you dont) ;-) We can wait till you
feel the time is right. It heightens the anticipation anyway.

~~

Old November 4th 04, 08:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

Lots of Gay Rosa Parks out there, challenging the unjust laws already. I
understand what you mean, but dont know what more they can do other than
keep getting married and fighting to change the laws that are already there.
What could they do to turn things around?

I mean a moment, a person, a symbol. I know there are a zillion people working
for it.....I think a single, galvanizing gesture that would communicate the
issue the way Rosa did would be brilliant.

One thing we knew when I was being activist in the 70s -- get
conservative-looking folks at the forefront. Having scruffy hippie types at
the front of the environmental movement is off-putting to many. Having flamers
and butch dykes at the forefront of the gay rights movement is
counterproductive, too. Rosa was emblematic because she was a quiet old lady,
and not what the country saw as a black power threat. It stopped people cold
and made them think.

Please understand -- I'm not saying all the people in these movements are the
wrong visual -- I'm just saying Rosa Parks made things different in the mind of
Joe America. It was brilliance.
~~

Old November 4th 04, 09:07 PM
Dr. Sooz

If you do not know the issues well enough to vote, don't vote on those items.

If you are voting on a candidate who puts Martian landings forth as a big
campaign issue, READ UP ON MARTIAN LANDINGS. Know that Martians will land
anyway, and accidentally kill people when doing so. Know that Martian landings
can be much safer if they are legal. Or whatever.

Or don't vote for that person -- OR his opponent. Don't vote blind. Please.
I had a friend who voted "No" on stuff he didn't know about! No -- YOU JUST
DON'T VOTE on that issue. Skip it.

Don't vote blind.
~~