Christmas Cards

Old October 22nd 03, 08:17 PM
Helen

I'm glad to hear that your step-mother is doing so well. I was also
happy to hear that she is in good spirits. I have to say that with all
the support that is available and virtual strangers who give you hugs
and best wishes, it's hard to be down for too long. My family is amazed
that I'm doing so well. Of course I've told them that I'll probably fall
apart after the surgery. But that's ok.

I like to make the same Christmas card for everyone because if I make
several designs that I like, I have a hard time choosing who to send
what card. That's what happened to me three years ago, my first year of
making cards for Christmas. This year I'm just hoping to make some and
for sure, they will all be the same as I think that will be easier for
me now.

Helen
P. S. I tried to send this directly to you but kept getting an error
message stating that the user is unknown.

Old October 23rd 03, 01:04 AM
SpeakEasy

We started making them for the first time this year using a few new stamps
from All Night Media. They are really nice. We have 4 different styles.
If anyone wants to see them, they are in the gallery at
www.theembellishmentstore.com We are up to about 25 made and hope to have
20 made of each pattern to give out/sell this holiday season.

Would love to see what others have done.

SpeakEasy

"Erin-Joi Collins McNeal" wrote in message
Helen,

Please send me your full name. This weekend I will be walking 35 miles in

marathon walk for Breast Cancer. I would be honored to carry your name

along
with the others that I carry for inspiration. About mile 20, I need to
remind myself of why I do these walks. Seeing all those names on a card
keeps my feet moving.

Best of luck with your outcome,
Erin-Joi

If you think that something small cannot make a difference---try sleeping
with a mosquito in the room.

If I told you that I was walking 35 miles in 2 days to help women with
undetected breast cancer find out early enough to survive, would you

support
me? http://erinjoi.pledgepage.com
Feel free to forward my pledgepage to anyone interested in the walk or the
cause.

"Helen" wrote in message
I love making Christmas cards as it is my favorite holiday. But this
year might be a little different. I had my annual mammogram on Oct. 2
and the radiologist found a suspicious spot. After talking to my doctor
and going to see a surgeon and then having a needle biopsy, it's cancer.
I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call today to let me know when
the surgery is going to . Fortunately it was caught early and he thinks
a lumpectomy and radiation is all that I'll need. Thank goodness! After
that is all behind me I'll get to work on my cards. And if I find that
I'm not motivated to do so, I have some backup store bought ones. Helen

Old October 23rd 03, 02:09 AM
Judy M

All mine were done by Labor Day! Since I teach I have the time for making
mass quantities in the summer & not in the fall. I made about 150! I did
about 5 or 6 different designs. I stamp & color them all them cut & mount
them with contrasting / coordinating backgrounds etc. Even though there are
a limited number of stamps used, there really are no two alike as I tend to
vary my coloring or mounting techniques. My favorite this year were the ones
where I pressed the image onto velvet paper. Pine branches onto green and
snowflakes or nativities onto dark blue! Yummy!

--
Peace,
Judy
"Cecelia Medbery" wrote in message
Are any of y'all finished making your Christmas cards? I thought I was
ahead when I started mine in July, but have put them on the back burner so
many times that now I'm behind! Yikes!!! I'm using a retired Stampin' Up
set called "Curly Christmas". Not all are the same as that would make me
crazy, but I also don't make them all different because I can't think up
that many ideas. I am making about 20-25 of each design. This also helps
by allowing me to use up paper I have instead of buying all the same

colors.

Cecelia

Old October 23rd 03, 11:34 PM
Mickey

Sorry Helen, to hear of your misfortune
Just hang in there and God Bless.

Old October 26th 03, 02:25 AM
Ddborger

I'm planning on making about 15 for close friends and family this year. I got
an issue of Woman's day best ideas for Christmas just recently and they have a
wonderful page full of neat snowflake cards and accessories from PSX designs
that I think I will try and simulate with my stampin up snowflake sets and my
printer.

~Donna~
SAHM Val Gal 17, Wendy Woo 14, Seany 10
6 years of Stamping Bliss
Old October 28th 03, 02:33 AM
Janie Bowman

I'm having the second rubber stamp party at my house this weekend. We're
continuing to work on Christmas cards. I'm doing about three different
designs. Doing them all the same would drive me bonkers. LOL

Janie
--
http://www.brightword.com
Rubber Stamps, Spec Ed Advocacy, Homeschooling

Old October 31st 03, 01:39 AM
Helen

To all who sent me their prayers and good wishes, I'm home and doing
pretty well. The surgery on Monday went well...my left breast is
completely gone (and the cancer with it!!!!!) and we are now waiting to
hear from the pathologist as to whether there are any traces in the
lymph nodes. Needless to say, we're praying there won't be any. I'm
hoping to be stronger by the weekend so that I can start making some
Christmas cards. Actually, I need to make some thank you cards for some
of my very dear friends, but Christmas cards are high on my list of
things to do. Thanks again to everyone out there.

Oh, and by the way, if you haven't had your annual mammogram this year,
schedule one RIGHT NOW! Early detection is so very important. Sorry, but
I had to get on the soap box for just a brief second.
Helen

Old October 31st 03, 02:08 PM
Erin-Joi Collins McNeal

Fabulous! Glad to hear you are feeling so upbeat! Mood can affect recovery
so much.

Let the group know if there is anything we can do to help you.

Pink hugs,