question

Old August 8th 03, 03:15 PM
Me

Default question

I have a question????....Stayz on....stays on as we all know....my ??? is
does anyone know if you can get the ink off your stamps and how?????

Old August 8th 03, 05:08 PM
Dandelion Acres

There is a special Staz-on cleaner. Haven't used it myself, but I would
assume it works! I've seen it in many local craft stores (Michaels,
Craftmart, etc.). Can't remember the price though.

Maybe someone here has a 'home recipe' that works as well...

Old August 8th 03, 06:10 PM
wymommie

rubbing alcohol will get it off... but besure to wipe your
stamp clean after using alcohol as you would when using
bleach.

Deborah
www.art-blocks.com

Old August 8th 03, 11:07 PM
Ddborger

They have a cleaner you can purchase made by the same company just for stayz
on.

~Donna~
SAHM Val Gal 16, Wendy Woo 13, Seany 9
5 years of Stamping Bliss
Old August 8th 03, 11:37 PM
Me

Thanks for the input....I have yet to try the stayzon but my friend uses it
and she was asking if I knew a way to get it off.....I told her I'd ask here
because you all are so helpful....THANK YOU. I don't think she's worried
about pristine looking stamps (we all know that the only time they are
pristine is before we get ahold of them :0).I think she is worried about a
possible build up and if it will affect the stamp.

Thanks again and happy stamping

Sandy

Old August 12th 03, 04:03 AM
Lorene

Old August 13th 03, 01:33 PM
Lisa

Using the stamps in ink once a card is bleached is not the problem. Using alcohol wipes would more I think as you are cleaning the stamp with it. I am not sure if they even make wipes with alcohol anymore. Just words of warning. Generally dye ink can be cleaned off on a wet paper towel. Pigment inks you should use a wipe and/or rubber stamp cleaner....

Good Luck!

"Lorene" wrote in message ...
..I agee wholeheartedly about not using alcohol on stamps....why would
they tell us not to use any kind of wipes that have alcohol in them on
our stamps? I won't use my stamps for the bleach cards either. I pay
too much money for them and want them to last as long as possible.
~~Lorene

Old August 14th 03, 05:20 AM
Geiar N'Dege

This sounds like an interesting idea, but there's one problem -- I'm
allergic to bleach. The smell knocks me out. Is there any other way to
get similar results?

Thanks,
Geiar

annafine wrote:
Lorene & Lisa,

I'm not at all sure how you have been shown to use stamps with
bleach...the way I have done it is this:

Fold some papertowels on a clean glass plate (or dish of some sort).
Soak the papertowels just enough that they are wet without having them
dripping if they were to be picked up. I then use the papertowels as
I would an ink pad...I put my stamp onto the "ink" (the bleach) and
then stamp on colored card stock. After stamping, I immediately wash
my stamp with rubber stamp cleaner (or hot soapy water if I don't have
cleaner on hand).

I have NOT done this a lot, but once in a while if I want something
different/unique, I will get out the bleach bottle. Sure, there's a
little extra work in stamping and cleaning, but cards done with bleach
come out wonderful! (at least that's been my experience).

Also note, that if you have stamps that are extremely stained and you
want to clean them up a bit, bleach will definately do the job, so why
not just stamp them a few times using bleach and then clean them
thoroughly with hot soapy water or stamp cleaner?

Of course, if you're using hot soapy water to clean them up, you must
also be careful with wood mounted stamps so that you don't saturate
the wooden block too much, and then let the stamp AIR DRY before
putting it away.

As for using alcohol wipes for cleaning the stamp...I've used baby
wipes (but, I'm sure they're alcohol free) for cleaning my stamps and
it doesn't seem to hurt the stamps at all. I don't think I've ever
used alcohol for cleaning my stamps because I like the stamp
cleaner...it's just easier for me to keep a spray bottle of it near my
stamping corner.

Happy Stamping!
Anna

Old August 14th 03, 08:28 PM
annafine

Geiar,

I don't know of any other ways to get the same results.

The only thing I can think of is to have someone else do it for you.

Anna