How about we share our favorite stamping/recycling techniques?

Old October 9th 04, 02:04 PM
Cecelia Medbery

Does the quality of the TP make a difference?

I don't think it makes a difference, but I don't really know. I use
whatever I have on hand. Since I only use 3 or 4 sheets per image, it
doesn't make sense to me to buy it just to use for this purpose. I don't
use colored TP, but don't think it would matter...probably be interesting to
try.

Cecelia

Old October 9th 04, 02:42 PM
Judy

About color, I meant do you color the design with markers or paint?

--
Peace,
Judy Mitchell

Old October 13th 04, 02:16 PM
Cecelia Medbery

About color, I meant do you color the design with markers or paint?

In case you wondered, yes, I am blonde! LOL I can't believe I didn't
realize what you were talking about. I've used chalks to color mine and
some look fine without color.

Cecelia

Old October 13th 04, 05:00 PM
King's Crown

Cecelia you're just a wealth of ideas!

Lynne
"Cecelia Medbery" wrote in message
I use the "inbetween" plastic to make shaker and window cards. What I

mean
by "inbetween" is...not the stretchy Saran Wrap plastic and not un-bending
acrylic. It's kinda stiff, but if you fold it, it makes a crease. Does
this make sense? I think it's cellophane, but not sure what they really
call this.

Also, I bought some rubby lacey kinda placemats from Wal*Mart on clearance
and have brayered over them to leave the imagine on cardstock. VERY nice
AND I can use the actual placemat cut up if I'm wanting more of a layered
card.

Here is a weird one... Get a panty liner (I know, too strange) and stick

it
to a disposable plate (I use the "snack" ones that are small). Pour just
enough bleach to soak in, but not leave a puddle then use as a stamp pad.
I've seen bleach used with a paper towel, but this way leaves the image

more
clear. Try using a word stamp with both methods and you will see the
difference.

Have y'all tried the toilet paper casting? Lay a stamp rubber side up and
put a single sheet of toilet paper on it (1 or 2 ply is fine) then spray
with water. It usually shapes to the image, but if not, kinda pat it in

the
grooves without tearing. Put another piece on top and do this again. Do
about 4 pieces (depending on thickness of your toilet paper) then let dry.
Trim it however you want just so it doesn't look like a sheet of toilet
paper! Then stick it to a card. It is VERY hard and will not crush in

the
mail, but you may have to pay the extra charge for a thick envelope.

Put rubber bands randomly on your brayer, ink then make some very
interesting background paper.

That's all I can think of right now.

Cecelia

Old October 13th 04, 06:30 PM
Bob and Brenda McLeish

Hi all,
The net bags mentioned - if you cut them into squares - roughly - the jagged
edges are part of the attraction and glue the piece to card and use as a
background on its own, or "hang" things off the net so it works as a real
fishing net - good one for Grandchildren, who enjoy making paper fish,
starfish etc. Enjoy and keep those great ideas flowing. Brenda

Old October 13th 04, 09:25 PM
Tanya & Jimmy Williams

Another idea for the brayer is to use an old onion bag (they orange or red
net like bag ) and place over CS and brayer over it , it leaves a cool
design that almost looks like chicken wire, make great background for farm
cards or fish cards etc...

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

Tanya Williams
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
(302) 539-4783
(302) 745-3485
44 Shawnee Drive
Dagsboro DE 19939

Old October 15th 04, 12:11 PM
flora

You can stamp using those non-slip rubber for chair legs. They come in
pack of 4 in hardware shop- round black rubber with design. just stick
to a piece of wood or thick foam and stamp away. Great for background.

Flora Tan
SHARE THE PASSION!
http://www.making-greeting-cards.com