DIRECTORY FORM IS NOW OPEN!!!!

Old December 9th 05, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default DIRECTORY FORM IS NOW OPEN!!!!

Sent mine in I missed the last one some how.

She in PA

"AliceW" wrote in message
. ..
The form for submitting your Directory information is now open! If you
are
in the Directory already and wish to remain in, you still need to enter
your
information. If you have not been in the Directory in the past, follow
the
link below to read all about the Directory and what it means. There is a
link at the bottom of the information page that will take you to the form.
There are fields on the form to accommodate international addresses. Once
you submit your form, you will get a confirmation of what you entered and
when (see the date at the bottom of the confirmation page). Print this
page
for your records. LN will send you a test email as indicated on the
information page, so be sure to enter a valid email address.

The form will be open until January 3, 2006 so that will give everyone
(hopefully) enough time to get their information entered. But I am good
at
nagging so be prepared.

Now, for the yums and yucks. Please put in one or two colors or patterns
if
at all possible. It's really difficult to handle "there is no such thing
as
a yuck" in the directory. Use "all colors" or "none" or something similar
instead. Don't forget, folks use these choices for sending surprises, so
if
you have a favorite color, let'em know. Oh, one more thing - submit only
one form please! If you submit more than one - my favorite colors are
purple and green. Read the information page to see why I tell you this.

Ok, ready? Go!

http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/Directory/index.htm

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old December 9th 05, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Done! Thank you so much, Alice & LN - you're both goddesses in my book!

Hugz
Patti in Seattle

"forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it"
**mark twain**

Old December 9th 05, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Done and thanks so much - am looking forward to the completed directory!

Martha
joysjane

Old December 9th 05, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks very much indeed, Alice and LN.
Love the form and the efficient way it is all dealt with. Thank you
both.
..
In message , AliceW
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 9th 05, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

As usual the security measures on my computer network would not let me
open the file. My husband did something and it opened. Hope my reply
will arrive in the proper spot. I know we have to have special
security so my husband can work from home but it does get in my way at
times. I especially miss seeing everything you post on community web
shots. Having him work from home has great advantages like the fact he
was able to clear the driveway this morning. If he had to catch a
train into Chicago this morning he would not have had the time to run
the snowblower. Thanks for coordinating the directory again.

Susan Price

Old December 9th 05, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article . com,
"Tina" wrote:

I have a silly question I guess.

On the last directory, when it was sent out, I had problems opening the
two formats that were originally sent out. Poor Alice had to send it
to me again, two different times/ways.

At the bottom of the form - it says something like "I would rather
receive the directory in....."
Table or Text

I left it where it was - I think Table - but being a Mac user, should I
have selected Text to receive a format that I could open easily so
Alice wouldn't have to resend it to me this time????

Tina, computer challenged

Tina, my fellow Mac lover, I always get the table version. However, I
believe you need t have the correct application for reading it; I use
Excel, but I suspect (though I'm not entirely certain) that any
spreadsheet-type program will probably do. If you don't have anything of
that sort, you will need (I think) the text version so you can open it
in any word-processing program. HTH.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old December 9th 05, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh Tina, don't worry! I manage to do that in the office with our big,
major, important contact database ;-) Being dyslexic I usually copy and
past telephone numbers into my daily call list for my boss. Suddenly
there were contacts without telephone numbers. Ups...

Uschi

Tina schrieb:

I have to tell you guys a funny (on myself) about the directory and how
obviously computer illiterate I can be at times.

I just recently, this past week, printed my directory out to use
instead of repeatedly referring to it on the computer. Part of the
reason for this, was the disappearance of several parts of my
directory.

When it has been someones birthday, or a HUG block needed to be sent,
or I just wanted to send somebody something - I had been "copying and
pasting" that persons name, info, address onto a blank document to
print it out for that particular mailing.

Just recently, I went looking in my directory for someones info/address
and discovered it was missing! OMG, where did it go? How did someone
just disappear from my directory?

I got to scrolling through my directory and noticed other "blank spots"
in my directory. Looking at the alphabetical names before and after
those blank spots...... I started recognizing a trend.

I don't know how on earth I did it - but in some cases, apparently I
didn't just "copy and paste" - apparently I CUT and pasted elsewhere!
WWWHHHHAAAaaaaaaaaaa People disappeared from my Directory! (Don't
worry Butterfly, I found you in an email document I saved...... LOL)

Anyway, I can't tell you Alice and LN how relieved I am that it is time
to renew the directory. I have learned my lesson and from now on, will
print it out, put it in my Directory Binder and copy down the
names/address/info the old fashioned way. No more CUT and paste for
me!

Hugs,
Tina

Old December 9th 05, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"AliceW" wrote:

The form for submitting your Directory information is now open!

Wow! That was *so* easy -- the form "remembered" my previous
information, so all I had to do was double-check to make sure I didn't
need to change anything! Thanks so much to both you and LN, Alice, for
doing this -- I know what a big job it can be.

Old December 9th 05, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hm, I don't remember if I'm in the directory (you can tell, I've had a
lot of time to check lately, huh?). But some people here says the form
remembered their previous info.

Is this based on screen name? And what exactly do you mean by screen
name? I sign as "Hanne in London" (except sometimes when I am away and
the post is somehow related to me being away), but obviously this has
nothing to do with me email addy. I think in the past, I've put hago or
even just Hanne as my screen name, but what do I know.

I do know (more or less) who I am and where I am, and that will have to
do for a Friday afternoon in Dec :-)

Hanne in London