What new projects are you starting now?

Old January 2nd 04, 08:12 PM
Monique Reed

I have begun Long Dog Designs' Mouline Rouge, which I am working in
shaded dark/cobalt blue Anchor pastelle on Golden Promises linen from
Silkweaver.

Get back to me in about 10 years and I'll let you know how I'm getting
on.

Monique in TX
Old January 2nd 04, 09:46 PM
Jan Lennie

OOOhhhhh not allowed !!!!! lol!!! Seriously though , they used lead piping
and the waters in the bath that they let you look round is so contaminated
it probably contributed strongly to the madness of the Romans and later the
Georgians "taking the waters' There is actually a very old and very well
reported school of medicine built around the waters and the study of
rheumatology (? is this a word?)
Jan
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I think we tried "drinking" the spa water and couldn't. I just remember
wanting to climb in the pools and soak my aching feet!
Cheryl

On 1/1/04 10:59 AM, in article , "Jan
Lennie" wrote:

The only'bath' in Bath in which to bathe hasn't opened yet as it's

running
way over budget (should have opened last year) but in the Pump Rooms you

can
'take the waters' by the glassful - supposed to be beneficial but I

repeat
my warning - it tastes disgusting !!!!
Jan
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I thought "taking the waters" was bathing in them, not drinking them!
Cheryl

On 12/31/03 9:02 PM, in article , "Jan
Lennie" wrote:

No you wouldn't Cheryl , lol they taste foul because of the high

Sulphur
content !!!!
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 12/31/03 5:15 PM, in article ,

"Ellice"
wrote:

On 12/31/03 3:12 PM,"Dukkum" posted:

Best unplanned part - spending 4 days
in Bath. On the Crescent - shades of Jane Austen ;^)

ellice

Sounds great!

It was a nice stop. If you're a Jane Austen fan. Did some great

shopping
there - less crowded than in London. And even went to the theatre -
funnily
enough, seeing a Tennesse Williams show - and then listening to all
these
snide comments by people who thought it was truly representative of
America
at that time. Really interesting to go to see the Pump Rooms, the

Roman
baths, etc. Very nice.

You'll have lots to do, and lots of fun.

That was another place I went - would have loved to take the waters

while
was there.

Cheryl

Old January 2nd 04, 09:55 PM
Jan Lennie

Oh the most beautiful place ( IMO) and the place which takes you back to
Jane Austen's era is the Assembly rooms - close your thougts to the other
tourists and you're a gay young thing at a ball waiting for your Dance Card
to be filled by the elligible gentlemen !!!
The costumes in the museum are so beautiful and it makes one truly envious
of such fine needlework.
Jan
"Ellice" wrote in message
On 1/1/04 10:59 AM,"Jan Lennie" posted:

The only'bath' in Bath in which to bathe hasn't opened yet as it's

running
way over budget (should have opened last year) but in the Pump Rooms you

can
'take the waters' by the glassful - supposed to be beneficial but I

repeat
my warning - it tastes disgusting !!!!

It looks disgusting, as well! But it's pretty fascinating seeing how the
Romans set up the heating system under the floors. And envisioning the

real
scenes of the Jane Austen novels.

ellice

Old January 6th 04, 01:18 AM
Mary Watkins

I have started doing name charts (getting from hilcroft house) for
siblings and inlaws when they turn 50; nieces and nephews get when
graduate from high school; and for those who graduated before i started
this when they turn 25. between now and july 13, I have two turning 50,
two graduating from highschool and 4 turning 25. and then i can take a
couple of years off.

mary, in seattle
Old January 6th 04, 07:13 PM
debbie frost

Does the phrase "I can't decide" ring a bell? I am finishing up a Christmas
house kit, and then I have several more "waiting in the wings" but I don't
know yet which one I'll do. Maybe the birds or the cat.

Debbie

"Mmeindia" wrote in message
Now that the holidays are nearly over and everyone should have a little

more
free time, what projects are everyone starting? I only have one Christmas

UFO
to finish, and one general UFO after that, so I can feel totally justified

in
having fun with some new projects. My thoughts are running to a Hardanger
cushion from a recent Mary Hickmott's New Stitches magazine (I can tell
Hardanger is going to become a major obsession for me), and/or a blackwork
cushion from a summer issue of the same magazine.

I didn't get any stitching-related gifts for either holiday (we celebrate
Christmas and Chanukah here, which means I've had no time to stitch too!),

but
fortunately before the holidays I treated myself to the two things I

wanted the
most, a DMC Sweetpea Flower Fairies kit and a DMC peonies ready-made bag

kit,
which I'm thinking of making for my mother's birthday in February, so

those are
possibilities too.

India

WIPS:
1. Leisure Arts American Sampler
2. ?
3. ?

Easy Projects Mpchet Pottery 6 December 13th 03 03:11 PM
Several free stockings projects & free Christmas embroidery design Anna & Polina Machine Knit 0 November 21st 03 11:08 AM
Several free stockings projects & free Christmas embroidery design Anna & Polina Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 11:04 AM
Several free stockings projects & free Christmas embroidery design Anna & Polina Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 11:03 AM
Christmas Projects & Freebie Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 September 8th 03 02:32 AM