Old July 21st 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Bill Browne

Default Glass to metal seal

If your application were very low pressure, and the I.D. of the ss tube
allowed the glass tube to fit inside, a good grade (Dow Corning 712?) of
silicon would seal it.

There are also some mechanical setups that use a rubber gasket with lock
nut. The nut squeezes the gasket around the glass tube, like the sight
glass tubes they use to check the water levels in boilers.

wrote in message
I hope my question is within the topic of this group.

Could anyone tell me if glass tubing can be fused to stainless steel
tubing with a hermetic seal?

If so, are there special techniques/methods that need to be followed?

Would a scientific glass blower be able to do this.

Any advise appreciated.

Steven