Old August 3rd 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Dan

Default Looking for a used pottery's wheel

My wife is taking her 2nd set of classes in pottery & I'd like to find a
used wheel for her to use at home. Can anyone suggest a good source for
such equipment, either via mail order (especially with a web site) or in
the Pacific Northwest (we're in Seattle). Any suggestions as to
brand/model for a home use wheel would also be appreciated. I'm also
wondering if anyone has ever built one of these themselves. Seems like
a fairly straightforward machine, motor with foot controller, turntable,
splashpan, 3 legs and a base to hold it all together. Maybe you could
buy the turntable/bearing bits, add a motor & construct the rest? I
found a plan for a kickwheel online, but nothing powered.

TIA

Dan