Old August 18th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default Yoohoo, Mommies!

Walker Family wrote:

At least the cost outlay is minor if you already have fabric scraps,
trim, small buttons or yarn.

That's part of the plan here. We have the dolls to fit them to, we have
the patterns, we have the scraps, it costs us zero and may bring in a
few bucks.

As opposed to Webkinz where we'd have to buy the dolls, search for and
pay for the patterns, and then cross our fingers that this tight-fisted
skeptical clientele is going to believe us that their grandkids own
these things they've never heard of and want clothes for them.

At least with the Barbie clothes, if they don't sell it hasn't cost us
anything but time. And, worst comes to worst, we buy a couple $3
Barbies at WalMart, bag up each one with a bunch of outfits, and toss
them in the Toys For Tots bin for the tax deduction.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 7/27/08 - MLI Christmas Visit

WIP: Oriental Kimono (Janlynn), MLI The Teacher (gift to
the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/