Old July 19th 05, 06:38 PM
Fragile Warrior Bees

"Kalera" wrote in message
You should be able to just use a pancake regulator with most torches; it's
a cheap little doohickey and drops the pressure down to about what you
need, which is, depending on your torch, 5-10 PSI. A two-stage regulator
is going to be a very large and not entirely necessary expense; most
people do fine with single-stage regulators at half the cost. Pancake
regulators are a fraction of even that cost.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm buying the regulator or renting it at this
point. We'll have to see.

I'm mildly alarmed that Mr. Propane & Propane Accessories doesn't know
what a flashback arrestor is. :O! All it is, is essentially a backflow
valve that prevents anything (FIRE) from flowing backward into the tank
and causing an explosion.

Yep, he said that can't happen. No propane = no flame. The end. Honest to
God, unless they call it something entirely different here in East
Bubblebutt, Indiana, he did not know what I was talking about. I gave him
the backwash scenerio and he said he did not think it could possibly occur.
Their welding torches do not use it.

You might want to check your Yellow Pages for a welding supply shop in
your area. Their torches are very similar and the way you set them up is
virtually identical, so they will probably be many times more helpful.
They'll have the right hoses, regulators, quick-connects, flashback
arrestors, the works.

Nearest welding place is like 50 miles away. I was hoping to find something
closer to home but I'll keep it in mind in case I need to go elsewhere.

Thx,
Giselle