Old March 24th 04, 03:22 PM
Dawne Peterson

When I was in Victoria on spring break, I saw some very charming little
embroidery kits by Jennifer Pudney, who is, I think, a New Zealand
designer??
She has done needlepoint kits, and I bought one of her kits for children,
which are marketted as Crafty Dog, to keep company with my hostess, who was
hemstitching some napkins. (my choice was a design called Drama Queen)
I love her stuff because it is modern, bright, and has woman-centered
themes--women reading, dancing, having tea etc. They have humour without
being "precious" or cutsey. Her embroidery kits are worked on felt. The
outlines are printed on. While I wondered if the designs were too small
for a beginning embroiderer, the other side of that is they would stitch up
quite quickly.
Dawne