Old January 29th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly[_2_]

Default Time for another Roll Call?

Okay... what can I write this morning... oops it's past noon.

I'm Elly, of 52 years of age, live up on the north coast of Scotland.
I am married for 28 years to Neil and have 2 children. A boy/man 21
who moved out just last week to live with his girlfriend, Claire. And
then there's Kirsty age 18 last week who is still at home and just
left school and unemployed though starting a job on Sunday.

I've been quilting for about 10 years now but I do knit occasionally
(used to be a lot but the twindled when I took up quilting) I say
quilting but really my favourite bit is the patching. I like dabbling
in simple embroideries also.

Errrr I've been retired for a long time... hee hee.. I worked for
too many years in the dept of social security (that name has changed
several times since I left) and then I worked for a while in a local
garden center until it got just too hard and I didn't have the
strength any more to lift those heavy compost bags. To mention only
one reason for giving up that job.

I also dabbled a bit teaching patchwork and quilting for a couple of
seasons. But although enjoyable it was waring and my interest in
quilting was starting to be in danger of turning into a chore as
happened with my interest in gardening.

So now I have no plans but to muddle my way for the time being and get
from one day to the next. Can't wait for spring.

Jeanne I'll send you some cool weather if you send me some sunshine,
eh? Deal? You sound how I feel...Hugs to you.

That's me for now... Have I covered the essentials?... oh my web bits
here they are...

http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com/
http://uk.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-MS...XQ.hRDK6vEKEy7 (I
think this is the right addy for the 360)

Off to make some lunch before heading out to a World Day of Prayer
meeting... uuuurrrrgggh do I have to go.. can you see my halo choking
me...

Elly - totally lacking in energy/enthusiasm at the moment for
anything...