Old February 21st 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - cold weather food and beverage questions

I can't help you with the tea. There is something in hot tea that makes me
extremely nauseous. I have tried all the herbals and things like that, and
they all make me sick. I can drink ice tea just fine. My doctor told me
one time what it was, but I have forgotten it.

This is a great recipe, and is extremely easy:

Easy Swedish Meatballs

1 package frozen meatballs
grape jelly
catsup

Place frozen meatballs in crockpot. Combine equal amounts of grape jelly &
catsup. Pour over meatballs and cook on low for 4-6 hours. I know this
sounds like a strange combination, but it is delicious!

Sherry Starr

"Tina" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have discovered that I am a tea addict. Have loved the stuff for
ages, but have discovered recently that I must have my afternoon tea.
About 2 in the afternoon, if I haven't started the tea kettle for a
English Teatime or a Constant Comment... I start to lose steam and feel
a bit sluggish!

question #1. Dh and I are having a bit of a tit-a-tat as to true
"English" tea. He swears "with lemon" - I'm sure my friend from
England told me a spot of cream. I'm just one dollop of honey myself,
but have discovered lately that I like the occassional spot of cream in
my tea. So which is it?

question #2. What is YOUR favorite cold weather food item? I've run
out of meal plan ideas this week and quite frankly I'm tired. If it
would work in the crock pot or in a big dutch oven, that would even be
a plus. We've already had:

stew
chili
split pea soup
corned beef and cabbage - which I started in the crock pot yesterday
morning before Billy and I left for the day. The corned beef didn't
have enough fat in it, and I didn't add enough liquid (counting on the
fat) so the cabbage burnt! Can you say GeeeeROSSSSSS! Nothing smells
worse than coming home to a house that reaks of burned cabbage! BLEK!

So before DH gets home and wants my weekly grocery list......you guys
got any swell ideas or answers?

TIA and Hugs,
Tina