Old October 14th 03, 06:25 PM
Renee Clark

Default About Us

While googling trying to learn more about our Mesue (wish I had a chance to
get to know her), I came across a thread from 2000 in which RCTQ'ers
introduced themselves in detail. I've come on board since then (September of
'02), and I'm sure many others have too. Might be worth doing again for the
sake of those who are a bit newer. I'll go first, in the hope that some of
you will follow suit.
Blessings
Renee
Name: Renee Clark

Home: Tancook Island, Nova Scotia, Canada

Occupation: Baptist minister

Age: 26

Past Lives:university student with some odd summer jobs, including frozen
novelties distributor (Dickie Dee biker!), special needs inclusion worker,
alzheimer's support, retail... Anything to pay for that English Lit degree!
Anthing more to pay for the Masters!

Family: Single. Mom's about 5 hours from here, Dad died this past February.
DSis and BIL (and DNephew, age 12), B and SisIL and all the respective QI's.

Food:Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Also Pepsi, vanilla ice cream,
cheesecake, and turkey dinner - but not all at once.

QI's: Paisley (9 y.o. terrier mix), Simon and Sonny (1 y.o brother cats),
Mr. Fish (as the name implies!).

Machine(s): Kenmore bare-bones basic, a floor model I bought about 7 years
ago. No bells or whistles, but a good workhorse. Tempted by a serger, but
haven't bitten yet.

Quilting For: About 3 years. I took a class at the local fabric store
because they had a kittycat quilt on display... and caught quilt disease.

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut (if it can't be rotary cut, I ain't
interested! LOL!), machine pieced, then either machine QITD, or sent out to
be hand-quilted. Haven't mastered FMQ.

Quilt Style Preference: ABA - anything but APPLIQUE!

Colour Preference:rose, green, cream, Thimbleberries prints

Skill level: I call myself an 'advanced beginner'.

Posting/Reading frequency: Read almost daily, post roughly weekly.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading (magazines,
novels, mystery, how-to), animal rescue, cross-stitch, tole painting, Celtic
music, digital photography, exploring little side-roads, spending time with
friends, bargain-hunting.

Pet Peeves: Laws that are soft on those who mistreat children and animals -
we have to have a license to drive a car and a permit to build a shed in the
backyard, but anyone who is biologically able can have a child and anyone
with a few dollars can walk out of a pet store with an animal. Oh, and there
are also those people who chatter away in the movie theatre and sneak
through the express checkout with more than 10 items. But it's the creeps
who hurt their children and pets that really get me.

TV Shows: ER, 7th Heaven, Sugar, old reruns of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and
80's sitcoms.

Drive A: 1994 Eagle Summit Wagon (a mini-mini-van!)

Favorite Quote:"If I can stop one heart from breaking / I shall not live in
vain. / If I can ease one life the aching / Or cool one pain / Or help one
fainting robin / Unto his nest again, / I shall not live in vain." - Emily
Dickinson