Old January 29th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Default Time for another Roll Call?

Guess it about my turn.G
I'm Pati, in Phoenix,AZ. Married to DH Rick for 27 years, second
marriage for both of us. No kids. Several feline QIs, Cloud is the
oldest, female dark tiger. Silver, another female (silver/grey
tiger/tabby) who moved in. She actually "belongs" to the people across
the street, but has decided that she lives here and I am her person. She
is soon to visit the vet to be "copy protected". Two of her kittens have
stayed with us, Scamper (male, looks like his mother) who lost the tip
of his tail when he was a baby and his sister, Scurry (a dark ticked
tabby)who will always be a small cat. Then there is Groucho, the tuxedo
cat, with a black mustache and "goatee". He also just moved in. (I am
allergic to cats, we weren't going to have any more but they came and DH
is a softy that evidently cannot exist without cats around. sigh)

Born in Tucson,AZ. Lived in California for a few years as a child
(except for summers back in Tucson or traveling. Parents were both
teachers.) Lived in Cottonwood,AZ for 2 years before we moved back to
Tucson in time for me to start junior high.
I started sewing in Junior High. One year of high school Home Ec. and
started making a lot of me own clothes. Actually won the "Betty Crocker
Homemaker of Tomorrow" contest at my school my senior year. G
Started college as a biology/psychology double major, pre-med student.
Changed to the School of Home Ec. after 2 years. Graduated in Clothing
and Textiles, worked on my Master's then ended up moving to Phoenix
after separating from my husband. Couldn't manage to get to Tucson once
a week to finish my thesis so the Master's is incomplete.

Got my secondary certification in Home Ec, math and science. Did my
student teaching in math, because "there are no jobs in Home Ec." then
got a job teaching Home Ec. in a south Phoenix K-8 school. Did that for
about 6 and a half years. Started working at a House of Fabrics and
ended up there full time, as assistant manager. Went through the
transition to Jo-Ann's and that is when I started really quilting. G
I had taken a beginning quilting class, all hand work, cutting templates
out with sandpaper on the back, drawing the lines and so on. But now I
started taking a few machine piecing classes. And got hooked big time.
Now I teach at one of the local quilt shops. And will teach almost
anywhere. VBG Love to teach when people want to learn.
Am trying to start a pattern company, and hope to get DH to get my
website up soon......... sigh.

Love bright colors, and reproduction fabrics and most colors. (Hate
pink, but use it when it is needed.) In general I love fabric. VBG And
have stash to prove it.
Sew on a Husqvarna/Viking #1 most of the time, also have a Viking Rose,
with embroidery module, 2 sergers and a Singer 66 in a table. DH, Rick,
not only supports my habit he has been known to bring me fabric when he
travels.
Oh, Rick is a writer/author. He is good at it, but there are times the
money just doesn't come in and markets dry up. Right now things are
going fairly well, and we hope it continues this way for a few more
years until he can start to collect Social Security. He also does
jewelry work and some woodworking.
We both collect books. (There are probably 20,000 books in the house,
even with Rick culling and getting rid of a lot of them.

This has gotten way too long.... so any questions, please ask.

Pati, in Phx

Sally Swindells wrote:
As Cornwoman wrote 'Now I want to
know more about each of you! Please tell!!

and we seem to have a flurry of new posters, is it time for a general
Roll Call, so that newbies can see who we all are.