Old August 7th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default Recent Email Announcement

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 09:12:43 -0700 (PDT), lmiksch
wrote:

The second was to make sure that all future correspondence from Queen
of Stitching only goes to those who are actually interested in hearing
from us.

I'm don't usually send these kinds of posts, but having worked in the
computer industry for over 25 years this is something that has always
been a thorn in my side.

The problem is that you've assumed that EVERYONE wants to hear from
you, whan that is not the case. Mass-emailing is the same as junk
mail IMHO, and I for one don't want any mail (paper or otherwise)
unless I've specifically requested it.

....and unsubscribe requests put the onus on the recipient to cancel
something they didn't even request -- which irks me even more

It would have been FAR more respectful of people to simply post an
announcement of your web site and INVITE people to subscribe if they
were interested.

-Irene
(who woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!)