Old April 27th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default old spinning wheel

In article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

Oh my Els!!! What an amazing piece!!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us)

Ophelia, it is always great to see Mechanical tools, home made from the
past. It is a great machine and whoever made it for his wife did a
fantastic job with very little materials, that all look recycled. When
Otto took the wheel home from the little local museum, there was an
article about the people and the wheel with it. There were two old
photographs,showing a woman sitting spinning, behind a similar or this
wheel,. Someone like you and me. I love stories like that, from that
long ago. Otto had a great time playing detective on how the parts had to
go together to make it work. Fun time and the icing on the cake was, when
we made it work and I spun some yarn on it.

Oh yessssssssssssssssssssssss)))))))))) Absolutely)

You may or may not know that my work is in Social History. Whenever anyone
comes with a donation I give them the third degree with bright lights and
torture G to get every last ounce of history about the object)

O xx

Thank you Ophelia, for your kind words. That sounds like a wonderful
job. I love doing the research and I am always amazed how much
informations is out there. I think Aaron and Mirjam or also on that trail
of wanting to know the ins and outs and whys...Great group for sharing.

Els