Old June 14th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

A disclaimer--I have worked for almost 2 years in my local LQS and I
love my job and the customers.

I do enjoy reading your comments regarding your local quilt stores,
both positive and negative. There's always something to learn and it's
good to hear from the customer viewpoint.

But, on the other hand, I could make (short) list of complaints that I
have about customers.
*Talking on cell phone while shopping and while being waited on.
*Taking cell phone calls during a class despite and despite a (gentle)
suggestion otherwise.
*Bringing unruly children into the store and letting them roam, crawl,
yell, etc.
*Coming into the store 15 minutes before closing time to select 15
fabrics for a color-wash trip around the world.
*Calling to see if we have a fabric from 5 years ago that you bought at
another store. No manufacturer name, no collection name. Just 'pink
with little white flowers.' I'll try, but don't expect a miracle.
*Attempting to return a kit you bought at another store.
*Coming in to pick up the Mystery Quilt clue and announcing in a very
loud voice that you're off to another quilt store to buy your fabric.
And you'll be back for all future clues. Of course.

It does help to have a good sense of humor when working in any retail
environment! :

joan