Old April 29th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Breast Cancer/OT

Hey Pami,

I am going through this w/ my mother right now. She already had the
mastectomy, grade II poorly differentiated tumor. Will start chemo on 5/9.
_I_'m already tired and it's just getting started. Also very depressing.
They want her to go have the $3000 genetic testing to see if she has the
"gene" for breast cancer. Well, lemme see...her mother, her aunt, and she
have all had breast cancer, her uncle had two other kinds of cancer...I'm
thinking save the $3k! Also heard a rumor that if the insurance company
finds out you have the gene, they will deny all claims on the basis of
pre-existing condition!!! sigh

Good luck w/ yours. Mom just went and got a wig last week.
"pami" wrote in message
I am sure all you have heard Daniel Powder's song..."Bad Day" well this was
my bad day. I learned I have breast cancer. I had my lumpectomy this week
and it came back as malignant garde 3 tumor. I will have to get a
"masectomy" and have chemo. This has been a rough day for me but I don't
think I have the strength to cry anymore. I know I will lose my hair and
this really sucks but if I have to do this to keep alive then I will have
the surgery and do chemo. I will settle for chemo hats verus hair for
life. I'll be 51 in May and this seems not fair but I get my mammos yearly
and watched and it could of been worse. Last year I had a lumpectomy in
the other breast and that was benign this year my luck ran out. I see and
hear of so many survivors and I know this group has always been here for me
when ever I needed them.
Pami