Old November 3rd 03, 02:56 PM
Pat in Virginia

This is exactly why I take classes too Marissa. Sometimes the
technique is new to me and other times I am familiar with the
method but need more hands on instruction. Next week Cynthia
England is coming to our guild. She will give two lectures (one
at each chapter) and two full day classes where the goal is to
start a full size quilt, plus she will teach a half day work shop
in Design. I am enrolled in the Design Work shop. (So is Hanne!
.... I finally get to take a class with a RCTQ buddy!) So I will
expand my horizons about Design, but not have to hustle to finish
a project. I am really trying to NOT create anymore UFO.
PAT in VA/USA

"Dr. Quilter" wrote:

aplique scared me until I took a class. I take classes to learn
techniques, not to make quilts that I could do at home on my own. Eg.
aplique, how to deal with the bias tape, machine quilting. Now I need
one on how to piece curves. Trust me, take a class with a good teacher
and it will all come together fast! )