Old August 18th 03, 01:58 AM
frood

I can't remember how I found the group, my DH probably did for me, but it
was in 1999, I think! Wait, DD#2 was born in '97, so it must have been then,
cuz I was working on some quilts at the time and I remember asking questions
about thread basting. What I learned: don't try to thread-baste a quilt on
the floor while 8 months pregnant. :-)

Why I stay? That's easy - everybody is so great here! I have a large number
of quilting friends (even if I haven't met most of them in person), a
support group of experienced quilters to ask questions of, and a place to
get a laugh or a hug whenever I need it.

I used to be a weaver - I've always done some hand work or other - and I
used to sew clothes. I wove baby blankets for DD#1 and DS, as well as a
couple of nieces. But with kids, I couldn't set up my loom anymore. For a
long time, DD#1 had her crib in my weaving room! Once she started crawling,
it had to be put away. I took up sewing again, making baby clothes. DS's
blanket was woven at a community center - another thing not to do while 8
months pregnant!

DH asked me what I was going to do for DD#2's blanket. I dunno what
happened, I just decided to make a quilt. I can sew, right? How hard can it
be? And my best friend was having a baby, too, so I wanted to make a quilt
for her baby. Then, of course, DS would need one for his big boy bed, since
he was getting booted out of the crib. By that time I was well and truely
hooked! It didn't hurt that the lady who sold me weaving supplies had
diverged her business (they sold knitting supplies, finished pottery and
finished quilts) into just quilting supplies, and some finished pottery,
too. Her partner took over the yarn part of hte business. How great was
that? A LQS owner I knew! She's a great lady, too!

For the future, I want to improve my skills, yadda yadda... I also want to
make more quilts for my home, as wall hangings, and for more beds - not
every bed has a quilt yet. And, I really want to teach a class on some
aspect of quilting, and I'm working on that goal now! :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits

up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to

do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if

you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay,

and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these ..

then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored