Old August 18th 03, 03:18 AM
Diana Curtis

It started out innocently enough for you didnt it? And now..
bwuwahahahahaha... sucked you in deep didnt it! lol
Im glad you set your goals high. Why not. There doesnt seem much point
unless youre willing to try to do better than yourself.
Diana, thanking you for hte diversion

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
Well, Diana.........

I started with a quilt class in October of 2001. My teacher wasn't the
best, but at least I learned enough to make a quilt for a friend who was
expecting her second child. I did take another "class" with her, but it
was mainly to get 2 hours out of the house to myself.

She convinced me that, if I couls sew clothes, I could make a quilt, and
shockingly, she was right. By that, I mean that I had always seen
quilts as something WAY out of my league, having never met a quilter
before. Anyway, I was hooked and made quilted wall hangings for
everyone that Christmas!

Since I was soooooo hooked, so fast, I decided to see if there was a
group that I could bounce ideas off of and get ideas from, and that is
how I found RCTQ.

Through the short time that I have been reading/posting at RCTQ, I have
found great people and wonderful support. I"ve also gotten some new
ideas, including ones that NEVER would have crossed my mind (and gotten
introduced to new "gadgets", which is always a plus!!). What I am
hoping for, as far as my quilting future, is to be able to make a Queen
size quilt that actually looks as if a professional made it. No, not a
store-bought looking thing, but one that looks like it was done by a
person who had been quilting for more than 2 years or so.

In the immediate future, my quilting future will hopefully see the
completion of a corduroy scrappy quilt for myself, a scrappy quilt for
my daughter-to-be, and 3 quilts for donation to a church school auction.
After these, who knows where I'll go (though I do have the fabrics
waiting for my mom and dad's flamingos in the flowers quilt, and
Mother's turtle quilt).

Larisa, sorry if this is boring, but it's all I can truthfully say.