Old April 17th 05, 05:17 AM
Polly S.

Mystified One wrote:
There's a store at the mall near us called Pink World. Mostly it's full of
frilly stuff that I wouldn't be caught dead in, although they have some
great little handbags (beaded), and necklaces and barrettes. It's more of a
teen store.

Yesterday, I took my daughter in there (joke is she hates pink), and I fell
in love with a French clip barrette. It had lots of pink sparkly crystals
in shapes of dragonflies. But the stunning part of the barrette was the
dangly bits that also held more crystals. I didn't buy it ($28 and only in
pink, which wouldn't go with most of my work outfits), but I've got designs
on making one for myself that's suitable for work.

If anyone's muse is calling, I thought it was a smart idea. Maybe others
will fall prey to the charms of a barrette with dangly bits as well.

Sounds cute as long as its not pink!!!

I'm not much of a barrette wearer but your post reminded me of some hair
things I found a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby. They are these neat
little square hair clips (bend to open/close) for hiding in/under your
hair. They have small holes on 3 sides to attach hanging beads. There
was only one small package, lost and alone at the very bottom of the
display, and I have no idea what they are called to find more. At the
time I was thrilled and had such inspiration to make one up with several
long beaded strands but... they got shuffled deeper into a box I guess.
I'll have to go find them and make something nice!!!

And btw, how are you doing lately? Hope everything is getting better and
better for you and yours!

--
Polly

--