Old September 18th 13, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default flag at Fort McHenry

The Maryland Historic Society put out a call some months ago for
quilters to sew a replica of the American flag that flew over Fort
McHenry during the War of 1812, inspiring the "Star Spangled Banner." A
friend of mine worked on it and really enjoyed the experience. Last
weekend was Defender's Day, and they walked the flag from the Historic
Society to the Fort, and I believe it actually flew on Saturday, but I'm
not positive about that.

Anyway, you might enjoy the video of the marchers carrying the finished
flag to its new home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf1yoNG9PDk

Here's some of the background:
http://www.mdhs.org/star-spangled-banner-project