Old May 18th 05, 01:55 PM
Bob Masta

I'm an electrical engineer who worked in the auto
industry, then went back to school to learn bioengineering
and worked for many years in hearing research. This
was basic research stuff (electrophysiology of sensory
cells, etc), which involved non-human subjects. One of
my main ongoing projects there was "evoked potentials"
software that allows you to tell what an animal can hear
via brainwave recording, since it was a major chore to train them to
respond behaviorally.

I have only been involved with pottery for a few years. I
find it really exciting because there is always something
new to learn. I love to experiment and "invent" things...
even if someone has already "been there, done that",
I still get a thrill from finding my own way.

I do only handbuilding of various kinds, and my
kiln is a tiny home-built electric using silicon
carbide elements. I plan to add a home-built
computerized controller soon.

Nothing I do is "production", just family gifts and
stuff for the house.

I had been meaning for a while to write a simple
glaze analysis program for my own educational
purposes, and dkat's work in that area finally
inspired me to get to it. I'll be glad to share my
program also, as soon as I get it to a point I
am happy with. (Yep, as a kid I never let my
mommy see my coloring until it met my
masterpiece standards.) Probably a couple
more weeks yet.

Best regards,

Bob Masta
dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom

D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Home of DaqGen, the FREEWARE signal generator