Old January 16th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_4_]

Default OT Update on my sister in North Carolina (long)

DiMa wrote:

Hi Judie,

I googled and found the following:
http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/001082all.htm
Did your sister go anywhere near this type of environment?

Prayers and healing thoughts on the way.
Di

Hi Di,

Thanks to both you and to Joanna for your prayers and healing thoughts,
please keep them coming.

Interesting article and a little different slant than the one my sister
found. No, she hasn't been to the "bat cave", but we'll be laughing
about that soon I know. I can just see what's his name, Batman and his
sidekick Robin heading off to the bat cave in the bat mobile. And pretty
sure the closest she's been to a chicken in years is the grocery store
as my sister absolutely hates chicken. And pizza too.

What she did was drive across the country, stopping at motels and gas
stations and truck stops and just a few restaurants along the way. No
exploring and not much fun I don't think since she made it in about 3
1/2 days. I think mostly just flat out driving and buying gas. She
probably did pass a few construction zones and from what I have read so
far this disease can be spread by disturbing the soil.

We have San Joaquin Valley Fever in California and this sounds very
similar to me in that it's spread by disturbing the soil. And that it
affects the lungs.

Judie