Old December 17th 05, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default ***Very OT*** CHRISTMAS ***OT***

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:22:25 GMT, "Pat P"
wrote:

I know the feeling! My daughter comes and gives a hand occasionally. We`re
currently doing battle with a Russian Vine that`s swallowing it. (Polygonum)
To REALLY destroy it would also destroy some rather bice flowering shrubs
for a few years - and they`re slow frowing to start with. I must have been
nuts to plant it all those years ago - they don`t call it "Mile-a-minute"
for nothing!

Pat P

The three vines which have gotten way out of line are the perennial
morning glory (takes over the entire property), Aristolochia gigantea,
and several passiflora vines which are also way out of control. The
problem with the first one are the stolens which take hold and dig
roots wherever it touches earth. That one is a nightmare. Everything
is so overgrown I am not too sure what survived the summer or not. I
haven't watered but twice and we had triple digit temps for over 79
days in a row and not a drop of rain. All year we've had a total of 23
inches of rain. How things are green is a magical event!

I am going to hire someone to come in and hack through it all and cut
back the ornamental grasses and pull the weeds, etc. I simply can't
handle it any more.