Old March 9th 11, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bob Masta[_2_]

Default DIY Kiln Controller

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:03:02 +0000, Jules
wrote:

Jules;876392 Wrote:
Just done some low current switching tests; starting to get there now;
still a few more tests / code revisions to make before it's ready to
hook up to the kiln elements. I'll probably test by cooking a potato on
a custom 3 segment ramp ;-)

It's been a few days but No I haven't given up;-), still doing tests and
code additions / revisions. I want a core set of kiln controller
functionality before I set onto a pcb.

The functionality I want is..

(1) 10 internal preset programs (for pottery)
(2) clock set
(3) start delay
(3) set vent
(4) alarm options
(5) power trip restart
(6) firing program logging
(7) ability to upload / download programs / logs to a smartphone / pc
software

Sounds great! Have you got a thermocouple system worked out
yet? I haven't looked into what's available (or affordable)
off-the-shelf for easy interfacing to a controller.

I suppose if your controller has 2 A/D inputs you could use
one for the TC and one for a reference junction measurement,
and do the corrections in software.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v6.00
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter
Frequency Counter, FREE Signal Generator
Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI
Science with your sound card!