Old October 8th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Storm @ Sea vs. Shakespeare in the Park

Could someone please send the link to that page? I lost
mine.

TIA
--

Cheryl & the Cats
o o o o o o

"Darlene in Pa" wrote in
message
ups.com...
: I don't post often, but I thought you all might like to
know what
: I've gone and done. I was following the thread on the S@S
design, and
: followed a link to view some. Beautiful, and I've wanted
to do one for
: a while. I went to the link to get coloring pages for S@S,
printed many
: 8x11 pages, and worked with colored pencils on about 4
different color
: ways with different aspects of the design being accented.
It was lots
: of fun!! I couldn't make up my mind which one to do.
: Then, I followed a link to the Shakespeare in the Park.
Well! I
: ordered the book last Friday(29th), got it on Monday(2nd),
and went
: fabric shopping on Thursday. Friday I started to cut, and
got the cream
: strips cut. Saturday was my "friendship group" quilter get
together,
: and I cut the blue strips. Last night I subcut all the
blue pieces, and
: this afternoon I started the subcuts for the cream. Judy
Martin's
: instructions don't use short cuts, and since it's design
is scrappy,
: I'm going by her directions. Onesy-twosy. I love the
original quilt
: shown so much that I tried to duplicate the types of
fabrics they used.
: Lots of various prints, and some florals, etc. I usually
lean toward
: Batiks, so this is a departure for me, both in the fabrics
and the
: assembly. Now look at what you guys have started here! And
me with a
: list of ufo's as long as my arm. Maybe by the time i have
this
: finished, the wall elves will have returned my digital
camera so I can
: post a picture! Darlene in Pa
: