Old October 26th 05, 03:59 AM
D Curtis

Default How to sculpt a dog?

Katherine Dewey is one of the most gifted animal artists that I know
of. She shares some of her tips on her site.
http://www.elvenwork.com/tips.html And if you use those basic steps
then exaggerate the features of the basset, you should end up with a
great figure. To me that would mean slightly exaggerate the long body,
short legs, emphasize the sorrowful eyes and long ears. Come to think of
it Bassets *are* a caricature!
Katherine has a book dealing with the basics of animal sculpture too.
Its a darn good one, covering fur and structure, and painting
realistically.
Diana

Jono wrote:
If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful. I have a couple good
"how-to" books on doing people, but I am trying to find a tutorial
online on making a dog, preferably a basset hound in a
caricature/cartoony style like in the book "Family and Friends in
Polymer Clay". If anyone can give me any tips, that'd be great. Thanks!
-Jono