Old September 29th 04, 06:59 PM
Wave Jumper

I took a class Saturday on how to make a greeting card box. It was
interesting but didn't close perfectly so will be trying it again with an
"experts" help tomorrow. I don't think the side pieces were cut large
enough because they didn't met when closed.

I keep talking about starting my Christmas cards but so far nothing has
developed on paper. I usually wait until a week before Christmas and then
I'm rushing like mad to finish them. I always promise myself I'll do better
next year but the same thing always happens. Anyone else have this problem
or am I one of a kind? :-(

-SAD-

On 9/28/04 10:50 PM, in article ,
"Pat Kight" wrote:

Alison Bowes wrote:

Okay, well - no offense to the vendors, but COMMs and ADs are all that's
been around of late... it's a bit sad. Of course, I cannot complain since I
haven't been doing my part either!

So, I have hardly stamped at all in the past nine months (no, I'm not
pregnant), but recently I had occasion to make some shower invitations.
Even though I didn't stamp on them at all, they're quite nice in their
simplicity, and it got the creative juices flowing again (thank God!)

I'm working on Christmas cards - everyone's favorite topic this time of year
(sorry, Pat!)

*laugh* That's one way to shake me out of the woodwork.

But no - I only object to the idea of *my* stamping holiday cards. You go
right ahead and do whatever you enjoy! I'm sure they're wonderful.

But, really, my topic isn't about Christmas cards (although
you should definitely feel free and encouraged to chat about what you're
doing this year for the holidays, if anything, stamping-wise).

Ah, there's the rub. I'm not stamping anything for the holidays (or much of
anything else) these days; I've taken up knitting. And discussing those
projects, as much fun as they are, would be waaaaay off-topic for this
newsgroup. (If anybody wants to see some of this stuff, it starts he
http://www.peak.org/~kightp/gallery/knit1.html)

I'm sure I'll get back to stamping one of these days. I've got all those
*supplies,* for one thing. Maybe I'll even incorporate stamped images into
the packaging for all the stuff I'm knitting. But at the moment, I'm all
about what a friend of mine calls "the yarn crack" ('cause it's just as
addictive as stamping.)

Good for you for trying to revive the newsgroup, Alison. I look forward to
what people have to say.